Changing a tire on a 2022 TAB 400 Boondock

Hello,
Lots of info on changing a tire on the TAB 400 in the forums, but for different years and all great info.

I asked Nucamp directly about my 2022 TAB 400 Boondock and here was their reply. Note I also asked about a proper jack as well,  floor, bottle or scissor  all rated @ 4000 lbs

Nucamp's reply

Hi Chuck​,

There is a small flat reinforced metal area located right behind each tire for jacking. 

Any of the jacks you listed will work. Typically you can just use the scissor jack that came with your tow vehicle and that will work fine. 

Have a great day,

2001 Toyota Sequoia || 2022 Tab 400 Boondock

Comments

• Hoogie69Hoogie69 Member Posts: 31
    Great topic for my 2022 400 BD. I’m a visual kinda guy so I just had to go view the “small flat reinforced metal area behind each tire”.  
    Looking forward towards the front. 
    Looking front to back.

I believe that the red circled items are the reinforced flat metal areas.  Is this correct?  Not what I really expected but if this is not correct, I don’t see where to place a jack. 

2022 T@B 400 BD, with 2-way refrigerator and AllPro Awning
    TV is a 2021 Honda Passport Elite w/ transmission cooler and Redarc Liberty Trailer Brake Controller
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    Lots of threads on this, and they basically all show the same spot.  The important thing: do not use a jack on the axle tube!

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    I had the same question @Hoogie69 on my 2019.  One thing that should be obvious but was not to me, your jack needs to lift for both routine hub brake and bearing work and also when the tire goes flat. Your TV jack may or may not work for both needs. But it has to work height wise for a flat situation. Some have mentioned driving the flat tire up on a support to get needed clearance for jack. I ended up using my truck bottle jack which has a low clearance and a larger, more stable jack and stand combination for more stability.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • GrandmasKidGrandmasKid Member Posts: 159
      How low does the 400 Boondocks get with a flat tire? I've figured out how to get our T@B's wheels off the ground for storage but I'm worried that I might not be able to get my jack under the jacking point in the case of having a flat. On our previous 320 I recall there was a way to  lower the tongue of the camper as far as possible, then lower the rear stabilizers until they touch ground, then raise the tongue until the wheels are off the ground. Will that work for our larger 400s? Currently I'm not doing that at home for storage as I have no trouble using my large shop jack at home, but I rather not carry that on trips. I worry that the bottle jack that is with our truck TV might be too tall for the T@B with a flat. I'd appreciate suggestions.
    2021 400 Boondock/ 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road