Options

Back up camera license plate frame

peterbreupeterbreu Member Posts: 3
Has anyone found a good license frame camera to see what is behind you?  We've tried several and they cut in and out.  One only works at low (less than 35mph) speed.  Thanks!  Peter

Comments

• Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    I have a Garmin BC 35 bolted over the top of the license plate (1). Ran the cable (2.3.4) and mounted the transmitter on the front next to the tub (5). Video is on the Garmin RV GPS (6) so no need for a separate monitor. Tried a couple others that the signal wasn't strong enough from the back of the T@B.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    hustoncshustoncs Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2022
    @peterbreu I have the same problem with my type S license plate camera it works great if your are standing still, but has connection problems while moving.

So, I'm upgrading to a Haloview system with a monitor over the rear view mirror in the TV and a self modified license plate bracket. The transmitter is separate from the camera and is strong enough to reach the the TV. However I'm still testing it and can move the transmitter closer to the TV if needed. Anyway I'm almost done and I will post all the things that are needed to the forum when I'm done in the next few days. Cheers
    2001 Toyota Sequoia || 2022 Tab 400 Boondock
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    I have the 5 inch Haloview system and liked the ability to add multiple wireless (except power) to the monitor. I had one pointing down on the hitch and one mounted on the trailer's license plate holder. Both never gave me a problem with video signal. On my new(er) Jeep, the installed camera handles the hitch, but I don't have a good location for the monitor. Do you have a pic of the monitor install? Note I have a difficult shed for the trailer to get into, I've thought about installing the unused camera in the back of the shed and connect to the monitor to assist in parking. The range on these is very good!
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network