Options

Replacement for potable water fill cap?

Tab4UsTab4Us Member Posts: 2
edited June 2023 in Modifications & Upgrades
Just acquired a 2014 T@b 320s. The water cap was already broken, but still wedged in place…until today. Seems like a poor design. I’d like to replace it with something else.  Any ideas? I don’t want to replace it with the same one because I’m sure it will break again.

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    There are several other Threads on this issue or the Gravity Water Filler in general.
    Overall it seems we have three choices:

1]    Order the full assembly from nüCamp (via a dealership)

2]    Search any dead RV junk yards in your area for the 'lid'

3]    Replace the factory assembly with one of the styles available from retailers.

Lots of folks have searched for the Indiana Plastics assembly.  Apparently it is only sold to RV Builders . . . . no standard RV parts vendors carry the Indiana Plastics unit.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    I tried to remove this part a few years ago to paint it.  After removing the five screws and using a plastic putty knife to break the caulking bond, the part would not budge.  I'm guessing there is no slack in the water hose attached to it.  Gave up and simply masked the area around it.  Perhaps you can remove the water and bleeder hoses from the inside of the trailer through the access door in the wet bath.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    This is a nice how to thread: https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/172075#Comment_172075

But I would replace it with this:

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    tybladesmithtybladesmith Member Posts: 178
    @Sharon_is_SAM, I agree, the screw on cap neck will support a 6-gallon jug while filling freshwater tank. I just loosened the hose clamp behind the fill hatch to remove but cutting the PVC pipe under the sink would be much easier. Following the above thread for @Parlando's instructions would be my recommendation. Good job Parlando!
    Kay and Tom - SW Wisconsin - Silver T@bernacle - 2018 T@B 320S Boondock Silver/Black trim TV, 2018 Chevy Colorado, Silver/Black trim, Duramax, TowHaul, IntelliHaul