Options

3-Way N180 External Temperature Display

Before I start:
I've not been having a great computer or computer keyboard afternoon.  I wrote a longg and detailed post on this topic but then it just disappeared . . . and no I did not use the 'save draft' feature . . . my error.  Then I was writing a PM to another forum member and must have hit 'control/shift' instead of 'shift' and the entire message disappeared . . . .  So this will be a short post!
I have been using a battery powered thermometer in the Fridge to monitor the temperature.  Over the years I've thought - - - I need something that won't require opening the door just to check the temperature - - - and this week I finally did something about it {{save draft}}.

Cutting the hole to mount the display was the most difficult step . . . and the picture shows I'm not a cabinet craftsmen . . . maybe a little caulking material will improve the look(?) . . .

The Display I installed only reads in Celsius so I added the label with a couple of key temperature conversions; after-all I'm in the U.S.A. one of three nations that use imperial and the only 'industrial' nation of the group. {{save draft}}

This display was selected because it includes a Relay Control Output so a future project for having minor temperature control while operating on 12VDC might be added.  I also installed a toggle on/off switch (near Norcold marking) so the display can be turned off for sleeping.
28.6 C ~= 83.5 F  - - Fridge was off and outside temperature was 90+F

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+

Comments

• Options
    RVMikeRVMike Member Posts: 24
    I use this thermometer for my fridge.  It is left over from my motorhome.  It has two temperature senders, one for the fridge, one for the freezer.  Well, my Norcold 180 does not have a freezer, so now sensor #2 goes outside for the outside air temp. I probably bought it on Amazon, but I am sure there are more like it elsewhere.  You can see that the remote sensor says #2, #1 is in the fridge, which is off.  Also see it records max and min temps.
    Mike and Priscilla, White Salmon, WA
    2020 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge, 2020 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    Here's another option that works very well.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab