Tab400 front screen replacement

jgpell14jgpell14 Member Posts: 21
Hello, just an FYI. Our front screen frame warped due to heat and came off its clips. I sent an email to nucamp and they sent me a new one in 2 days - pretty amazing. I’m assuming that the new screen and frame is from 2023 because it is very different. The frame is metal instead of plastic - good news. The screen is much heavier - almost like a two ply. No doubt the new screen will hold up much better, but the bad news is that because it is so heavy, visibility is very limited, and ventilations is restricted. Personally, we like the visibility, so if we’re not getting the ventilation, why bother with the screen - we have the screen up and window closed. Nice try by nucamp to improve something, but I think it is a swing and a miss.     
2022 TAB 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport / 2023 Land Rover Defender / Cumberland, RI

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    How do you know air is not getting through?  Just because visibility is reduced, doesn’t mean air flow is.  Personally in bright sun, the more light that is blocked the better.  Air will get through most screen materials, that is what they are designed to do.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • rcmassercmasse Member Posts: 2
    Bought a brand new 2022 T@B400 with damaged front screen and shade (front and rear) from the trailer being viewed at RV shows back in early April. Noted the problem a month before delivery. So much confusion between nuCamp and the dealer that now in mid August the screens and shade are still not replaced. Emails have be sent every other week asking when  the repairs will be made. Crickets.