Options

Backed Into The House With Tab 320S

I did it and it was my own fault!  I didn’t realize I was that close, it damaged the trim on the side the goes around the tail light and scraped the keeder rail.  I don’t know what the cost of repairs will be but I think I’ll file a claim with Progressive.  I think the plastic trim is around $800.00
I think I’ll file

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,184
    The trim isn’t hard to replace (is it really $800?) but the keder rail needs proper waterproofing (butyl tape where screws attach to the sides). Sorry this happened. If you’ve got a reasonable deductible it might be worth filing a claim. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    I’m not sure of the trim cost, I thought I read on this forum of the cost??  I think that the ledger rail can be fixed without replacement.  I have a $500 deductible.
    thanks Manny!
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I replaced a section of rear trim, after backing into the low roof edge on a wood shed, the cost was around $125 for the section of trim, took 1/2 hr of labor.  You should be able to fix this for less than $500.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    A car ran into my trailer while entering the freeway.  Damaged the right lower plastic trim and Keder rail.  The plastic trim was a simple swap out.  The Keder rail was much, much more difficult to fit because its custom formed by hand at the factory on each trailer.  It was too stiff for me to form the curve.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Denny16 said:
    I replaced a section of rear trim, after backing into the low roof edge on a wood shed, the cost was around $125 for the section of trim, took 1/2 hr of labor.  You should be able to fix this for less than $500.  
    Cheers 
    Denny16 said:
    Cheers   Where did you purchase the trim?  NuCamp?  Thanks!

• Options
    edited August 2022
    @Passport, yes, Ordered the trim through my local nüCamp dealer, who did the install also.  This was several years ago, prices may be a little higher today.
     Cheers 
  • Options
  • Options
    I I received a parts quote from a dealer and was pleasantly surprised at the cost of the parts. DVS BLACK ROOF EDGE PART # 78-80-6904BLK $58.46 and DVS CORNE BEZEL PART # 78-75-6931GRY $132.05

COMES IN WHITE SO WILL NEED TO PAINT TO MATCH (gray trim)

Of course, labor is additional and I probably won’t file an insurance claim, I’ve read that Progressive jacks up the premium by 28% if a claim is filed.

• Options
    I contacted NuCamp and they told me the trim didn't need to be painted, it was color matched.  And one of their dealers said it was white and would need painting....  I contacted their local dealers a week ago and have received no response.  Apparently they have enough work and what little work I need is not worthwhile money-wise.
  • Options
    I took the T@B to Camping World and they kept the trailer for a week and when I called, the Service Dept said that they "don't know how to work much on the NuCamp RV's and the girls are having a problem trying to find parts."  (I gave them the part numbers and the part names).  I ended up picking up the T@B and taking it to a newer T@B dealer some distance away and they accepted the RV and said they'd give me a repair estimate once they looked over the RV.  I have read reviews of Camping World and they don't rank too high on the ratings.  I have high hopes of the drop-off dealer where I took he T@B today.
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    I got phone quotes a couple times from Camping World in Kansas City for our old camper when it needed work, but they seemed shady. They tried to add on needless things and do other tactics to jack up the price. I never trusted them enough to take it there. Not saying all CWs are that way but that's been my experience. 
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    The guy who does the estimates is ill and the Service Advisor said that he'd be in by Wed of this week (how he knew when the guy would get well is beyond me).  Anyway, we're to call and see if the estimate is ready.  If not, I am going to tell the parts people to order the keder rail and the plastic moulding/trim and at least be ahead of the game in that respect.
  • Options
    Called today and they estimate 6 hours of labor @ $145.00 per hr plus parts equals around $1,000.  I believe I'll pay out of pocket vs filing an insurance claim.  Thank you for listening.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I had the back trim replaced on our TaB400, labor charge was only one hour.  I didn’t have any damage to keader rail,or side panel, just the trim piece at the back corner.
     Cheers