Options

Please Introduce Yourself!

CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
edited March 2014 in Introductions
Hi folks. Since we have folks signing up or resigning up, please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

I'll start off, I am Nathan Brown, from Sterling, VA. I have a lovely wife, Becky, two cats, and a couple of toads. We are both in our mid-thirties, like to ride roller coasters, and are longtime campers. We bought our 2012 T@B Q Maxx in spring of 2013, and thus far have camped a dozen times in it, and we love it.

We've some great plans for it this year, and I can't wait to share some of our adventures.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I'm Larry. I've been on the forum (or the LG site, as the situation allowed) for about five months. Purchased my 2013 T@B in September and have only camped in it once, but am looking forward to warmer weather and putting some miles on the RZRBUG. I live in North Central Arkansas, am retired, and travel with my Australian Cattle Dog, Booger. This site was invaluable to my learning about the T@B, its features, and how best to fit it to my needs. Still learning every day.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Just testing to see if I can upload a photo. Looks like it may work. Join in y'all. Show us your stuff. BTW, this is wooden plaque I made to display when camped.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Hi, Nathan -- My sincere thanks for "volunteering" for the job as co-Moderator of this new T@B Forum. I am new, also, to my 2014 T@B S M@xx. I love this forum and want to be a contributor and a recipient of information. I live in Denver, Colorado, and I've been an avid tent camper for over 20 years. I am now "older," and I value a good night's sleep and the ability to stay warm and dry -- thus, my purchase of ClemenT@B. There will be many questions to come, and I appreciate the opportunity to get information from this site. My first trip is planned for April -- Easter weekend -- to a close-in State Park so I can try out my Alde system, water, and all that good stuff.

Thanks,

Beth, 2013 Subaru Forester, 2014 T@B S M@xx
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Greetings! I'm Norm from Michigan, who along with my wife Melita, were tent campers for 35 years until we bought our teardrop trailer in which we camped for the last four years, including last year's amazing road trip to Alaska and back! That trip made us realize we would be more comfortable with some indoor amenities like a bathroom and kitchen and so we will pick up our 2014 T@B S Maxx in early April, which we will pull with a 2012 Subaru Forester with a manual transmission. We're looking forward to learning about our "TABalong" and the adventures down the road. This summer we're planning trips to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, the Finger Lakes region of New York, and some sea kayaking in Prince Edward County, Ontario, in the northeastern part of Lake Ontario.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    A big hello and a welcomed return to the T@B forum!
    We have participated on the forum since August 2013 when we started the process of purchasing our T@B and deciding on a good tow vehicle.
    We bought a 2014 T@B Clamshell with wet/bath. She is loaded. 2 TVs with DVDs, just crazy! Stargazer window and now Im crazy about the new cover for the portal window.
    T@BbyKay is silver with black trim. We bought her at first site off the RV dealer lot.
    Previously, I had been trying to find a T@B to rent for a road trip to Yellowstone, Tetons and Idaho for our vacation. The more we learned about the T@Bs, saw pictures and read travel blogs, the more we wanted our own T@B.
    We are in our mid 60's but not yet retired. We enjoy "adventure" days on Sunday afternoon and Mondays to state parks, national forest, and local area events.
    We live in the very NW corner of Alabama. So, we have many beautiful parks in several states to explore and enjoy brief outings.
    T@BbyKay is at home in our driveway. I spend time in the T@B everyday. We have enjoyed the PahaQue cover. It is easy to take off the T@B when the sun comes out and easy enough to cover when the weather turns bad.. I keep her battery charged, Camping gear is always ready to go.
    We have a great road trip planned for Austin this month, the Blue Ridge Rally end of April and our 3 week vacation out west this summer.
    Richard is 6' tall and we have plenty of room in the T@B clamshell. I believe the clamshell model's bed is a bit smaller than the other models. But still is a small queen size. We travel with our beautiful Llewellin setter, Missy. She's a good travel dog but I'm anxious about her reaction to the wildlife in Yellowstone. I hope she lasts longer than Steinbeck's Charley!
    This forum has been a great source of LittleGuy/T@B info for us. The people in this forum have been so gracious and kind with comments and help. I feel comfortable asking questions and now, I feel comfortable contributing to the conversation.
    We look forward to great adventures for many years. My husband is trying to teach me to not focus on the destination but learn to appreciate the journey.
    Thank you to the moderators, new and returning, for giving us a terrific venue to celebrate our passion for our T@Bs.
    Happy camping,
    Richard and Belva
    T@BbyKay
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited March 2014
    For all of our new T@B members and even our seasoned members, my name is Mike or I'm better known as Michigan Mike on both forums. Although I do not "yet" own a T@B I do have a vested interest in both forum areas as I have helped form/design/promote both forum areas and did so as I felt it would be a means of helping others out and believed it was a way to easily assemble information that could help many people out for years to come, as well as a means of networking with people around the globe. And in as much as we did have initial push back in forming the new T@B forum, it does allow some product separation/differentiation in the product line and specialization as both trailer lines are different and it can be very confusing answering questions and getting the right information out to those who need it quickly. I predict that the T@B forum will grow quickly and will be larger than the current Little Guy forum as people find the forum. The T@B trailer units are very popular, unique, economical and afford comfort in short order to so many people.

Little Guy has been an evolution of sorts for me as I have owned three trailers - a 4-wide rascal, 5-wide and now a limited edition Silver Shadow that was built specially for me. So the probability of owning a T@B is out there and who knows?

I have two adult daughters, my dog Mack who travels with me, have camped all my life, and I have traveled the western US extensively and have a keen interest in Native American/US history and a love for our great nation and the beautiful landscape therein. I've traveled coast to coast actually and put 13,000 miles on my 4 wide and equally as many miles and more on my 5-wide.

I love the outdoors, enjoy boon-docking on occasion, am a fan of solar power and have learned a ton since my first baby steps into the Little Guy market. I am retired nearly 5 years now, love warm air and sunshine and have met so many wonderful people across the US during my travels and adventures. I look forward to more travel and it is my ambition to continue to be active in both forum areas, continue to work at helping people (and members) out and having the opportunity to meet as many of you as I can at the gatherings and events we plan and attend.

I do know all the friendly and outgoing members of the Little Guy World Wide team (am a friend of Little Guy president, Joe Kicos) and have factory contacts as well, so if there is ever a way I can assist any of you or can answer a question please let me know. If I don't know the answer, I certainly do have the means of finding it and will do my best to help anyone out with any problems/issues you might encounter with your trailer.

The T@B line is similar to the Little Guy trailers in that Little Guy and the factory go to great lengths to ensure customer satisfaction and normally go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that their customers are satisfied and happy. You will find this out if you read through the forum areas and our members will attest to it.

Have fun and take the time to show us your trailers as we do have the ability to upload and share photographs now with our new forum upgrades. Thanks for stopping by and do tell us how we can improve the forum area and make your stay more pleasurable.

Happy Trails!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Larry -- I adore the sign you made for your T@B. I remember reading about it on the LG forum. Where do you display it when you are camping?
    :x
  • Options
    AshlandOregonAshlandOregon Member Posts: 1
    Hello from Ashland, Oregon. My wife, Teri, and I just bought a 2007 T@B in California and towed it home two days ago. We bought it because we have a goal of riding our bicycles in every state over the next few years and we'll use it for camping our way around the middle and northern USA. Last year we did the southernmost states by renting an Escape van, but decided we'd like our own rig with an inside kitchen. Hope to learn more about other T@B experiences on this site. Leroy
  • Options
    Welcome aboard Leroy & Teri!

There are many good people in both forum areas and we are all here to help others. Post up some of your trailer photos when have time..... Have fun with that new T@B and would be interesting to hear about your travels and bike adventures too.
  • Options
    stanmstanm Member Posts: 49
    Re-introduction:

We're Kitty & Stan and our two little border terriers, Roscoe & Seumas. Been on the site for about a year. We picked up our T@B Q last August and had it out for 3-4 trips before we parked her for the winter. Also had the it winterized by Apache RV and they installed the Bed Rails & Slats at that time (great job by the way!). We have the PahaQue tent and we've gotten pretty good at putting it up. We've run into a couple other T@Bs while camping, what fun to find instant friends! Looking forward to the 7th annual Pac NW Tab/Tada/Glamper Rally in Oregon, May 16-18.

Hope to see you there...
    Stan & Kitty - Seattle - 2014 T@B Q, Silver & Orange, 2013 Outback
  • Options
    Hi Kitty and Stan,
    Please tell me about the installed bed rails and slats.
  • Options
    YoloYolo Member Posts: 6
    Hi! We are Joan and dog (Westie Shamus) from the Jersey Shore near Atlantic City. I bought my TAB from a lady in New Jersey who used it only once for boondocking with her son. It's a 2012 Q plan Maxx in Silver with red trim. It matches my new Dodge Caravan in color. I haven't used it for camping yet because I didn't get it until the end of September and I had other obligations for my time then. Glad to say that I am free to travel with the TAB now and I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of TAB's at the rallies and other campgrounds around the states. I haven't pulled a trailer and I'm somewhat concerned about parking it in a campsite, but I've heard that it isn't hard if you follow some basic rules. We'll see. My first trip in the upcoming season willl be to the Taylor Campground in Columbia NJ because it backs up to the Lacota Wolf Preserve there. It will be a shakedown trip for me and Shamus and we'll see how it goes. I love the TAB and I'm still looking for the perfect name for it. I've seen so many innovative names on the forums that I have to come up with something very special. I'm up for suggestions if you have any. See you around. Joan and Shamus
  • Options
    Hi, Joan, and welcome to the world through the eyes of T@bbers! I am new to towing, also, having only towed my T@B two times. I found it is easier to back up if you use small maneuvers. The Lacota Wolf Preserve sounds wonderful! Last year I went to a wolf preserve near Colorado Springs, and it was incredible -- we even got the wolfs going in a wolf howl and played with a baby wolf!! Nature is awesome, and that's one of the things I admire about the T@B crowd. Everyone seems very happy being outdoors and experiencing all that Mother Nature provides for us via a "free" show every single day.

Your name for you T@B will "come" to you soon. My girl's name is ClemenT@B. I named her after my dad, Clem, who taught me how to camp.

• Options
    Yolo, Hi there, I bet you got a great deal on the T@B. Is Shamus a good camping dog?
    I like using the basic stainless steel dog bowls for travel. The vet suggested we take Missy in for a good check up before our 3 week adventure. He'll supply extra meds for travel problems. Looking forward to a picture of your T@B and travel buddy. Missy is a setter.
  • Options
    YoloYolo Member Posts: 6
    Missy looks more like a "loafer" from her picture. Kidding of course. My Shamus looks just like that. He's a real traveler. We were practically commuting between Florida and New Jersey while I was looking for a house. He's the best. Loves his roadtrips and loves other dogs. He's very social and plays nice. We'll see you somewhere along the way. Nice talking with you. Joan
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Hi all, Fred and Donna here and hope that I am in the right place to do the introduction. Upgraded from LG 5 wide to an 2013 T@B Q Maxx and anxious to hit the road. Got to get the ice and snow out so we can get out of the garage. We are in Central eastern Oklahoma and Retired. We travel with our Schnauzer, Jaxson and the T@B really belongs to him. Looking forward to getting on the road and enjoying the T@B, Now, we can actually stand up to cook inside and get dressed!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    edited March 2014
    Hi my name is June and I have owned my 2013 Tab for just over a year now and logged over 2500 miles enjoying 14 camping trips. I am glad that the T@b forum is up and running again, and I still visit the LG forum. Both are great sources for information, and it's nice to read posts again from the many now familiar T@B owners. We all have one thing in common...we love our T@bs! After so much camping in 2013 (last trip Thanksgiving weekend), I am SO ready to start camping in 2014. I had hoped to camp all winter, but like most of the US we have had the winter from hell. Too much ice and snow! I live in SW MO and travel often to Northern AR to camp, bike and kayak. There is a reason why they call it the Natural State! My first camping trip this year will be to Beaver Lake in NW AR the first week in April...can't wait! Then a trip to float the beautiful Ozarks National Scenic Riverways in May and then to my favorite lake in MO, Pomme de Terre and that's just for starters! :) My jeep hauls and pulls all my toys for me! I have posted a lot of pics on the LG forum, but here are just a few of my favs of Fant@bulous from last year. Happy camping everyone!
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing June and your photos definitely spur the inner camping and exploring fires within! Have always liked your beautiful trailer and the campsites are so beautiful. Very inspirational and makes me want to drive over and start taking inventory on my trailer for the next trip!
  • Options
    Thanks Mike. I also LOVE your new dark blue LG and already decided if I get another T@B...it's going to be that color!! I wish LG would hurry up and get the larger T@B in production!! Lisa33 on the LG site posted the video of the larger European model that LG is considering for maybe 2015. Can you maybe post that on this site? I would love to see it again and dream of a dedicated bed and separate eating area, etc. Maybe others would like to see it too.
  • Options
    I found it, I remember where Lisa33 said it was posted. I will start a new discussion and post it.
  • Options
    I tossed some bait out to the factory and we'll see if they bite on it.... >:) :D
  • Options
    scubascuba Member Posts: 87
    Hey! Hoping to take possession of a 2014 T@B CSS next weekend! Just came across this forum and am very excited to start my adventures after reading everyone's comments! My name is Steven and will be T@Bbing with my two dogs Max and Mabel and my GF Beth. We live in Bloomington, IN (Hoosier country). This is my first RV and am so excited. Any helpful tips would be very welcome.
    Life is good! Great in a T@B!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Welcome aboard Steven! Be sure to post some pictures when you take delivery of your new T@B. Will love to hear about your adventures.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Hello Scuba, fellow clamshell wetbath T@B. Hope you enjoy your new T@B. We love our T@B CS,S. We love cooking in the open galley and entertaining with music and movies.
    Hope you will post some pictures of T@B and doggies.
    Happy camping.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Welcome, Scuba, from an Indy Southsider. Where are you picking up your T@B? I bought my Silver Shadow from Gerton Auto Sales in Mount Vernon, IN. Good Luck.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks, Verna! Great to hear from someone close by. I'll be driving to Columbus, OH.
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    There is a couple in Bloomington who was at the Tearstock Rolling Home in Ohio last year, and they are from Bloomington. For the life of me, I can't remember their names. They bought a used '07 T@B Clamshell from Camping World in Greenwood. I had looked at that T@B, but I had just bought my Silver Shadow and I was just curious. But anyway, there's someone in Bloomington with a white and turquoise '07 T@B.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Any chance there is an app for this forum on mobile devices?
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    No, Scuba, there isn't a mobile app. I just have a link on my iPhone for the LG and for the T@B forums.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Hi, my name is ren. I have always wanted to travel RV style but didn't want the money pit aspect of maintaining an RV and gas is only going to go up. I have a toyota solara convertible, manual says it can tow 2000 lbs. I love the idea of teardrop trailers but my line in the sand is having my own bathroom. I am very interested in getting a T@B of my own. I have been checking out dealers around here. I live in Southern California and have noticed the prices here are higher than dealers on the east coast and inventory is very small. I think I would custom order my T@B, can you do that factory direct? Also I like the solid color red T@B I have seen in travel pictures but there doesn't seem to be any choices other than silver or white online. Another question I have is how tiny is the Bathroom? Anyone out there chubby, with some experience using the wetbath? The door to the bathroom seems very small. I am short but very chubby. Lots of questions, sorry but the T@B is not an inexpensive investment and I wanted to begin my research with people who really know the pros and cons of T@B trailers.
    I appreciate any advice you can throw my way.
    T@B wannabe
    The Mouse house and me