Options

Please Introduce Yourself!

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited March 2014
    Is that a peek-a-poo pooch?  Looks like my dog Mack.  

And i have a set of those lights too!

Cute teardrop above!

Welcome aboard!  :D
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Beth, are you referring to the photo where the kids are cooking?  If so, that Giant City State Park in Makanda, IL.  Mike, Kobe is a shih tzu.  We also have a lab (daughter's dog) and a 14-year-old mix.

Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Hi TAbaker,
    The lights around your trailer are very cool. Do you use an external generator or just the trailer's batteries for those?
    wanna be T@B
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Radren, I very rarely boondock.  I'm at a state park with electric hookups.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Welcome aboard Justjudy!

That is a great looking little teardrop, a gem.  I'd love to see more photos of it.

The T@Bpole is silver with black trim as well, I get many compliments on it.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    He doesn't travel with me, maybe when he gets older and slows down, but I am sticking with my Stitch!

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    Here are a couple more pics of our 1947 Kit. This is just filler, though, until we get our T@B. Lol. We went to Yellowstone with this for two weeks and had a fantastic time, sharing the space with two mini dachshunds.
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    Looks cozy inside that Kit :)  Iove the pillowcases.

• Options
    schizokeetschizokeet Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    Hi I'm Schizokeet.  I'm married to Cyclonic.  I love frogs.  We've got a very froggy T@bpole!
    Becky
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    We have a Shih Tzu and a Lhasa Apso, both of which will likely be spending some time in the T@b. We are going to test it out first one dog at a time to get the Lhasa (who is less mellow) used to the strange surroundings. Here they are in the back of the Jeep:

LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    Hi I'm Schizokeet.  I'm married to Cyclonic.  I love frogs.  We've got a very froggy T@bpole!
    Becky
    Oh, shoot, who approved her?!?
    >:)

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Now, that's funny. I don't care who you are....  You are wearing a helmet I hope. =))

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Cyclonic said:
    Becky
    Oh, shoot, who approved her?!?
    >:)

I did ;) !!!!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Becky -- You guys have very original "handles."  :))  We should start a thread of how we came up with "handles."  That would be good fodder for campfire stories at the Western Rally. =D>
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    NnbriccoNnbricco Member Posts: 16
    Hello. I am Nichola. My husband and I are expecting a bouncing baby T@b this fall. She will be our first, and her name is E@rle Street. I joined the forum to better understand what to expect when expecting a T@b, as neither my husband nor I have owned any type of camper before.
    Eric & Nichola Greenville, SC Jeep Compass, expecting T@b.
  • Options
    oldnewartguyoldnewartguy Member Posts: 11
    Cyclonic said:

Hello From Maryland.

We are not totally new here. We were "Fred_n_Ethel a few months ago but could no longer get in, so I started over with a new (and more descriptive) name. Just got registered for Tearstock 2014 and can't wait. We will pick up "Lucy" in two weeks for our very first trip to try and figure out how everything works. We are really excited about some fun camping trips.

WELCOME Tom and Pam.  Where about in Maryland are you again?  We tend to do a good deal of camping in Maryland, it is a quick hop across the river and I am fond of the Thurmont area.

Hi Nathan & Becky

We are west of Annapolis. The Thurmont area is nice as are many places on the Eastern Shore. We will be on our inaugural camping trip soon. Just a short "get acquainted" camp. We will be in site #1403 at the upcoming Tearstock. Hope to meet you and lots more fun folks.

Tom & Pam in MD

2014 T@B S M@XX         2014 Subaru Outback

• Options
    CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
    Wow, T@nnapolis! I live just north of Annapolis. My new T@B is in Thurmont waiting for me to pick her up this Friday!
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    Nichola, bouncing baby T@B is just funny :))

Congratulations, looking forward to hearing about all the fun you will have.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NnbriccoNnbricco Member Posts: 16
    Thank you.
    Eric & Nichola Greenville, SC Jeep Compass, expecting T@b.
  • Options
    rverginiarverginia Member Posts: 21
    We are Pam and Bob and we are waiting for our new 2015 Q M@xx to be delivered. Margarit@bville will be white with orange trim.
    Appreciate all of the great tips we are picking up on this and the Yahoo and Facebook forums. You are all a wealth of knowledge and
    we look forward to running into you all at some point.
    Bob and Pam, Martha Lake, Washington 2015 T@B Q M@xx PorT@Bella, Mercedes GLK-350, Shitake the Kayak, and our bikes - Chan and trelle.
  • Options
    BryanRBryanR Member Posts: 32
    Hello - I am Bryan. My wife (Vicki) and I picked up our new T@B CS-S from Beckley's RV in Maryland this morning. It is now safely parked at it's new home in Richmond, Virginia. I have been a longtime guest follower and look forward to being part of the Little Guy and T@B community.
    Bryan & Vicki 2014 T@B CS-S MaXX ** 2016 Chevy Silverado Double Cab
    Transplanted Hoosier in Richmond, VA
    Go Colts!

• Options
    CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
    Welcome! I saw that one at Beckley's yesterday and remarked on the non blue trim. I like it!
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    T@bs rool!
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    yea, another CS-S. Welome. 
    i want to know all about what you take along in your clamshell galley. 
    Show us pics. 
    Happy Camping 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    BryanRBryanR Member Posts: 32
    Belva - After we get a couple of trips under our belt, I will let you know how we outfit the galley. We have accumulated quite a bit of camping gear from my wife's years as a girl scout leader, so we will mix some old with the new.
    Bryan & Vicki 2014 T@B CS-S MaXX ** 2016 Chevy Silverado Double Cab
    Transplanted Hoosier in Richmond, VA
    Go Colts!

• Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Yes,me too,  I was a girl scout leader for years. None of my old stuff made it to the shinny new T@B. I'm still trying out different methods of cooking. The T@B rally at Raccoon Holler will be our first extended stay in T@B. I am planning to take my cooktop, a Nuwave PIC for most of the cooking. I bought a 5 cup Mr. Coffee with a metal carafe and it fits perfectly in the galley. 
    I added some LED lights under the counter in the galley. 
    Looking forward to seeing your set up. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    julygirljulygirl Member Posts: 5
    Hello! I am a soon to be t@b owner. In 2012, we bought a 1996 ford econoline and stripped it down to bare metal and rebuilt it as a camper with a bed, kitchen and pottie. It's great and we love it, but I hate having to tighten everything up to drive to a trail head or the store.  When I saw the t@b's online I loved them, I saw some in person last week on our way back from a camping trip and really, really love them.    I've found 3 pretty close by, 2 S models one with bath and one without and the CS-S.  They are all 2014 models.  I have some decisions to make.  I like the CS model and the outdoor kitchen, but the bed is smaller... is it comfortable for 2 people? I'm 5'2" my hubby is 5'11".  The Frig is not propane... how does that work out?  Can it run of the battery if a solar panel is attached? Also, I've read that a screen door will be on the 2015 mode, how critical is that?  It seems like a nice feature, but I would think something could be rigged up.  (On the van I made screens for all the windows that attached with magnets)
    I've read a bunch of great stuff on this forum so far, thanks to all!  I love how enthusiastic everyone is. Any comments would be appreciated.
    Julia
    Julia, Athens, GA 2008 Silver / Yellow t@b Silver Toyota Highlander
  • Options
    scubascuba Member Posts: 87
    My 2014 CS-S came with a screen panel that is attached to frame with Velcro and zips up the center. Lacks head room due to arch in door. I don't use it.
    Life is good! Great in a T@B!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    Kates_MobyKates_Moby Member Posts: 38
    Hi, I am Kate and my husband and I got our 2007 T@b Fireball the fall of 2012. We have taken it on several long trips and have a blast when we go. We are in our 50s and live in Western WIsconsin. Our next cross country trip is Utah. Our daughter named our T@b Moby after the whale the first time she saw it. Love all the hints on this forum.
  • Options
    Amie_MAmie_M Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Hi everyone!

Just this weekend we put a downpayment on our new 2014 T@B Clamshell with bathroom. We can't wait to pick her up and bring her home!  My husband and I are new to trailering, and will have a steep learning curve! Still, we're looking forward to this new adventure. We will be heading out for six weeks this summer, and will be doing some dry runs in the next few weeks to get our T@B feet under us. 

I'm sure we will have tons of questions, and we really love and appreciate the sharing that goes on in this forum!

Nice to meet you all :-)
    2010 Hyundai Santa Fe and 2014 T@B CS (wetbath)