Options

Door seal issue (fridge) on CS-S

ironshadowironshadow Member Posts: 48
edited August 2015 in Trailer & Towing

I am just getting ready to take my first official trip with our new CS-S. On my way to MBOTMA. I powered the fridge up on Sunday. Monday night it seemed awfully warm in the back when I opened the hatch. It seemed like the fridge was working overtime. I soon discovered that door is still about a 1/4"  from sealing when in the latched position. There does not seem to be any adjustment on the latch. Right now I have blocked with a stick. And that will work for this trip. But it is "bad press" for LG & Norcold for someone to see this. I have contacted Norcold and they have suggested that I take it one of there service dealers. Our local dealer was not too interested in helping out. But I do have arrangements made to stop by another dealer on the way to the bluegrass festival.  I am just wondering if I am missing something simple here? Is there a door adjustment that I am not seeing??

Comments

• Options
    ironshadowironshadow Member Posts: 48
    Sandra said:
    Be sure to contact the factory to get some feed back on this. Their phone number is 330-852-4811 (5:30 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday) - be sure to talk with Ed or John, and you could also talk with Scott Hubble, the VP, if you need further information.

I did talk to Rachel (at LG) this morning. She said to take it to a Norcord dealer. And if there were any charges to send the invoice to her or to the LG warranty dept.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Sounds like it is a Norcold issue. Rachel is correct, you should contact them regarding it, they will be able to resolve it.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I should add, things like this happen, could have been during assembly, shipping, whatever, sometimes machines just break. The difference comes in when the companies that produce that machine are willing to make it right.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    That's a strange one as the door hinges/latch are stamped parts so no adjustment - Your's must have got misplaced in the stamper - Can't recall this issue ever coming up before.
    Others are right though, it's a Norcold issue - You could probably just get a new part, looks like it just screws into position so all that'd be needed is a screw driver.