Options

Zamp Solar Panels - LCD Display questions

Just took delivery of 120 watt solar charging system, set it up and it seems to be working.  Being an electrical novice, I'm trying to figure out what the different LCD readouts really mean.  The manual says I can cycle through Battery Voltage, Charging Current, and Charged Capacity (Amp-hour).  Does Battery voltage refer to the actual voltage in my charged/charging battery?  Should it read 14.7 when battery is nearly fully charged?  I'm not really sure what the other two are telling me.  Can someone give me a quick lesson on what Charging Current and Charged Capacity refer to--and maybe what kinds of figures I might expect to get?  Thanks.
Jan and Dick: Roaming Shores OH T@B Maxx S '15 Honda Ridgeline '14 Jack the Four Legged Friend

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Have never cycled thru, just left it at default so don't have a clue, rarely look at it, monitor the little battery meter in the T@B - But, a question...As I recall, the first thing you have to do is select the type of battery you have - did you do that. The reason I ask, it might affect what you're seeing on the screen.
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I have a different brand but has similar list.  I think you should find the battery voltages current voltage of battery, the second is the power being supplied to the battery (bulk, boost and float modes) and the capacity should be the gross Ams available from the battery (I believe it it the 20 hour capacity).  Pxlated is right.  In particular as I recall the float mode is different for led vs AGM batteries