Just saw this listing of a new 400 with pics of the bathroom and bunk feature:

https://hr4kf.app.goo.gl/UQsk1
2021 400 BD
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited August 2022
    Hmm. The bunk is clever design, don’t get me wrong, but I think it should have been an option rather than mandatory. New bathroom sink, on the other hand, is an improvement.

Link for those who had the above link go to an app suggestion rather than a listing: https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2023-Nucamp+Rv-TAB+400+Std.+Model-5022345501
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    VictoriaP said:
    Hmm. The bunk is clever design, don’t get me wrong, but I think it should have been an option rather than mandatory. New bathroom sink, on the other hand, is an improvement.

Link for those who had the above link go to an app suggestion rather than a listing: https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2023-Nucamp+Rv-TAB+400+Std.+Model-5022345501
    Thanks for catching that link. Got it through the app.

Yeah, not sold on that bunk. It’s not really a 4-person trailer (even two kids) so adding the bunk feels forced. And I can’t imagine how little headroom they have.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    GherzigGherzig Member Posts: 99
    For comparison - here is a short video of the European 2023 400.  No bunk bed which, to me, adds extra stuff that very few will use.    https://youtu.be/Pxl1ISqkkPs
    2021 T@b 400 Boondock
           Oneonta, NY
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    VictoriaP said:

Thanks for catching that link. Got it through the app.

Yeah, not sold on that bunk. It’s not really a 4-person trailer (even two kids) so adding the bunk feels forced. And I can’t imagine how little headroom they have.
    I’m sure there’s an audience for it, but interestingly I was watching a video recently from a couple with two littles who did a long trip in a 24’ class C, and one of the things they emphasized was how critical it was to have a permanent bed for the kids, for everyone’s sake. To do that in the 400, you’d then lose the dinette. 

Have to agree with you that I don’t see the 400 as a good 4 person trailer. But again, having the option is great. Making everyone else carry around extra stuff that never gets used? Less so.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    First, agree with @VictoriaP ; extra bunk should be an option.
    Second, agree with @manyman297; the upper bunk headroom is zip.
      Only person that will be comfortable there is a pre-toddler and who would place that young a child
      that far above the floor . . . so the extra bunk will be a pain to set-up and only useful for storing 'stuff'
      for the night.
    Third, new bathroom does look nice . . . however, for me a sink in a wet-bath is just a waste of space.
       Brushing one's teeth or removing make-up at the kitchen sink is no big deal . . . . all our recreational
      boats over 30-years lacked a head (bathroom) sink and all cruises were uneventful on sink usage - - -
      including many trips with two unrelated teenage girls onboard - - -

These trailers are "extra nice tents" not apartments on wheels; or should be IMHO.

Side note:  Did anyone else notice the 'floorplan' shows the historical curved dinette table while the pictures show a more standard rectangle table.
    Disclaimer:
      My 320S has a few more years of fun & useful life, most likely more.  While the get something
      new bug keeps tapping my shoulder [life in a materialistic consumer society ;)]. Due to
      the Air8 and cassette toilet a current design 320S is not on my wishlist.  A 400's
       extra headroom space does get it on the wishlist and I would really like not to go much larger.
      Fingers crossed that nüCamp does not 'enhance' the 400 to the point it is no longer
      compatible with my needs . . .

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    Thanks for the link as it offers more pics than the post in the FB group. I too wish the bunk were optional and wonder if it can be removed. I love the squared off seating and table plus Lagun mount vs the curvy previous versions!! I also love the bathroom remodel with cute vessel sink. I will be so glad to have a bathroom sink for washing hands and teeth. And, notice the drawer under the bed! Yeah! The back window was supposed to be changed somehow but it's hard to see what. I'm so excited! Hopefully mine will arrive in September.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    subkronsubkron Member Posts: 152
    I don't see an external solar port on the driver's side, no longer available or relocated?
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    South Jersey
  • Options
    CCCCCC Member Posts: 116
    That bunk looks great to me for some kids. You should see the size of the bunks on a 13 ft Scamp.
    2022 T@B 320 S Boondock  "UGA", Jeep Gladiator Overland
    North Georgia
  • Options
    subkron said:
    I don't see an external solar port on the driver's side, no longer available or relocated?
    They abandoned those mid 2022 I think. Kind of weird they stopped including those.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    I have a 400 built in Nov 22, glad it was included, I added Victron controller and now supplement w/solar suitcase
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    South Jersey
  • Options
    I confirmed with nuCamp they were indeed stopping the solar ports and received the explanation that since it now has solar installed, no need for the port! Yes, I told them it was short-sighted. Apache Portland told me they could install one for $100.
    Debbie in Oregon

• Options
    @dsfdogs It’s such a cheap and easy thing for them to install during construction it’s a shame they discontinued it. But $100 is pretty cheap and it’s a pretty simple install overall.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    @dsfdogs
    I'm a bit confused, my 2022 400 has solar installed (standard factory setup) plus it came with a solar connector (standard factory setup). They must have felt the need to install it before with the solar, so it sounds like they just dropped the feature to save a few bucks at their end.
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    South Jersey
  • Options
    @subkron exactly...they had been installing the port with the solar panel, so why change?! The batteries are lithium now, but shouldn't matter! I read somewhere else people were causing problems with using the solar port?? Oh well, I'll have one added.
    Debbie in Oregon

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    dsfdogs said:
    . . .  read somewhere else people were causing problems with using the solar port?
    That sounds likely.  The forum-sourced draft-400-wiring-diagram indicates that the extra Solar Port when available was not connected to the 'solar included' controller {for fear of overloading the factory controller}.

So any panel(s) plugged into the Solar Port must have a build-in controller.

Something easy to miss or misunderstand just based on the standard nüCamp manual information.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+