Options

Water proof awning

Hi looking for suggestions.  We are interested in the Isabella awning, but I see a lot of reviews about it  not being waterproof. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• Options
    BandBBandB Member Posts: 33
    Our Isabella awning was delivered just two days ago. In reading the information that came with it, it does state that it's waterproof. It mentions to take care in using hairspray, suntan lotion, bug spray around the awning because "the aerosol propellant will neutralize the waterproofing quality of the canvas." It can be restored by using their "AquaTex" spray.
    Also, it states that the thread they use "is impregnated. The thread therefore expands after being exposed to rain two or three times, and the holes from the stitches close. Until then you may experience minor leakage at seams."
    Hope this helps you. It's very helpful to watch a YouTube video in knowing how to set it up.
  • Options
    Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
    I did look a long time at the Isabella but decided for the Walker tent which we love and is waterproof so far. I already got through a few rainy days with no problem.  It comes with mosquito screens with a clear plastic that rolls up for ventilation, curtains and floor and you can mount it completely or install only the upper part.  I think they are both very nice.  Good luck with your purchase!
    Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
    "The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"
  • Options
    creamburmesecreamburmese Member Posts: 8
    I have the Isabella awning and it was exposed to hours of heavy rain second trip out.  Totally waterproof