2021 tab 400 bathroom fan on off switch

Hi all, I spent several weeks in the Pacific Northwest last spring.  
My bathroom fan started to not want to shut off when you pushed the on off button.  After pressing several times it would turn off.  Sometimes it would turn back on itself. 
I think the electrical connections have rusted. 
I don’t claim to be a mechanic but wonder if it’s a possibility I can clean it up myself?
Any one have experience with this issue?

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Do you know the make and model of the bathroom fan?
    Your new owners manuals pack should have a user manual to help ID the fan.

TaB 400 components have been evolving fast on this fairly new trailer model so specifics of your build would be helpful.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    If you have the maxxfan dome fan then you aren’t alone. When we first purchased our 400 it stopped working on the 2nd trip. A little jiggling of the button (and some other things I can’t recall) made it work again and it has been fine since then. If I remember correctly I had to gain access to the backside of the power button and play around with the contact.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 128
    edited September 2022
    I replaced my switch with a toggle switch, the original push button switch is cheap and prone to failure. A month later the fan blade spun off the spindle and I had to glue it back on. Eventually I put in a warranty claim and Nucamp sent me a new fan. Note, they don't use that fan anymore and they sent me another type of fan with a new housing that needed to be installed.

2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V6
  • runaway30runaway30 Member Posts: 86
    I have the factory installed basic fantastic fan that came with the camper.  I don’t have access to it right now or the manual as it’s all on the trailer.
    Sorry.
     I can say it’s very loud not a bad thing for a bathroom fan, I feel like it’s a single speed.  I sure it’s the same one everyone replaces.

Can I get to the switch connections from the inside without affecting the roof caulking?

Thanks everyone for your help.
  • RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 128
    yes, you can replace the switch from the inside just drop it down, not difficult at all, just a few screws.

2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V6