Alde Pump Setting: Gurgling

Greetings all. I recently had my Glycol changed and am now getting a very noticeable gurgling sound at the Glycol tank.  Heating is working, but there is now the loud gurgling noise.  The system was silent prior to the service. I am wondering if the pump setting is the problem?  I checked the manual but did not see comment on the pump setting. I did see a Youtube video that made reference to setting the pump at 2 to reduce noise; although they did not say what noise they were addressing. The pump is set at 5. I would appreciate your input.

Cheers
2019 TAB 320s
Vancouver Island

Comments

  • Sharon_is_SAM
    Sharon_is_SAM Member Posts: 10,035
    edited September 2022
    Yes, the excess pump setting results in churning in the glycol reservoir.  Manually turn the Alde pump down to 1.5 or 2.  Do not try to adjust it via the Alde panel as it is not functional for this task.  The pump is set to 5 with the exchange to expedite air removal.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • RetireeBC
    RetireeBC Member Posts: 66
    Thanks very much. This is very helpful.
    2019 TAB 320s
    Vancouver Island
  • jalars8
    jalars8 Member Posts: 56
    Where is  the  Alde pump?
    2018 T@B 320S.  Tow vehicle: 2020 Toyota Hylander Hybrid
  • pthomas745
    pthomas745 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,662
    @jalars8 Pictures in this thread.  The pump is about the size of the palm of your hand, and might be obscured a bit by pipes, etc.  Basically, right on the driver's side of the Alde.  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6203/alde-circ-pump-setting/p1


    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi