Options

no power 2015 320S - connected to shore power

Searched this forum and the FB groups and not finding the right answer.
I washed my Tab today, and now I have no power (related, unrelated, who knows? But I saw another trailer forum say something could have gotten wet).
I have zero power, even the battery readout is dark (which has not happened since I have owned the trailer).  I have checked the extension cord to my house (it's working), I've checked the fuses, flipped the breakers and all of the basic troubleshooting options I know of.
I had power this morning. 
I'm out of my depth when it comes to electrical and am not sure what to try next. 

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,591
    95% of time a No Shore Power problem while "at home" is due to the House Circuit having tripped.
    You say " checked the extension cord to my house (it's working) " . . .
         What was your method for checking the extension cord?
           Did you plug a lamp, power drill, etc into the cord for example . . . .

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    TowingTipsyTowingTipsy Member Posts: 19
    Hi, I checked the GFI and the breaker; no issues (at the house).  I also plugged in a box fan to the extension cord to make sure it wasn't the issue, the fan worked just fine.

• Options
    Just went back out to check and still no read on the battery meter.  I did hear the fridge running and confirmed that it's in fact cooling. Tried the fan on the AC, it's turning on.  Still no lights to speak of and the battery still appears dark.
  • Options
    OK, house is providing power.
    If my trailer I would start at the beginning to see what is or is not working.

1 -- If you have a Battery Cut-off Switch, turn if off, also disconnect from Shore Power.
            That is trailer has no power source.  Your SeeLevel will not report a voltage,
             the CO2 Detector will not be on.
            If no Cut-Off Switch, then remove the in-line fuse at the battery.

2 -- Now if you have the cut-off switch, turn it back on. (reinstall in-line fuse)
            Does trailer have 12VDC power; SeeLevel on, CO2 detector on.
            If not then:
            A]   your battery is dead or very low
            B]    the in-line fuse is bad

3 -- If SeeLevel is operating;  note the voltage - - - it is most likely in the 12.2 to 12.7 range
            if you do not have solar panels.

4 --  Turn-off all ACV Circuit breakers.  Then connect shore power to trailer.

5 --  Turn on the Main 30A Circuit Breaker.  Turn-on the #1 position Circuit Breaker. (first to right of main)
             Now the convertor should be on . . . . SeeLevel should be reporting > 13 Volts.

What type of results did these steps provide?

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    So, are you saying that when you are plugged into shore power your 120V AC appliances (fridge, AC) work, but your 12V DC appliances (lights, vent fan) do not?
    Do your 12V DC appliances work on battery only? (I.e., battery switch ON and shore power disconnected.)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    I will try the steps outlined above, although there are a few nuances (of course).
    My fantastic fan hasn't been working since my last camping trip.  Have replaced the fuse assembly and am waiting on a new part for the plunger at the advice of Dometic.
    I pulled the fuse out of the C02/propane detector as it was giving me it's 7 year end of life alert (and it's 7 years old). I am waiting on THAT part as well (arrives this week).
    I don't think I have nor have ever seen a battery shut off on my 2015, might be too old?
    Guessing SeeLevel is the battery status device? 
  • Options
    Ok, face palm - just figured out the lights............
    I took the fuse out so the C02 would stop alerting (the pause for 48 hours did not work).
    Let me go try that also.

• Options
    TowingTipsy said:
    Guessing SeeLevel is the battery status device? 
    This is the SeeLevel

• Options
    Also, I am keeping a copy of the steps outlined above for future reference.  Electrical has always intimidated me so I'm trying to learn to be comfortable sorting these things out.

• Options
    Ok, I do not have one of those.  No tank monitors and my battery monitor plugs in to an outlet over my sink.  I think the 2015 was just before some of these additions.
    I put a copy of the steps you provided in my binder for future reference.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    I didn't know your model year. I also have a 2015 and you are correct--they didn't come with battery switches (though it was a popular mod in those days).

Sounds like you might be on the trail to a solution. IIRC, the CO monitor in the 2015s was on the same circuit as the lights.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Not having the SeeLevel is fine since you have a a Plug-in 12V monitor/meter.
    When checking for 12V in the trailer, plug the 12V Monitor into two different outlets if the first outlet has no reading . . . those 12VDC outlets do fail . . . you should have another in the rear of the trailer.

Also, lets add Step 6 to the above checks:

6 --  Turn-on all ACV Circuit Breakers.
               Does the Fridge 120V on indicator turn on?
               Does the Air Conditioner Fan turn-on?
               (this extra step will confirm trailer has power even if GFIC are not fully reset.)
  • Options
    Yeah, Scott G, been having a few issues; Fantastic Fan not working, then C02 sensor hit end of life so various things have been in play, then today not seeing power.
    My trailer is 7 (I'm at 1 year of ownership) so some things are starting to fail.......
    But as I was typing my answer here I had the whole face palm moment of wait....you took the fuse out to stop the C02 beeping....and thus no lights.