Options

for Newbe - No Power - Power Reset or Battery Fuse?

Good morning from Austin.

I am a newbe.  I did a search on the forum for "No Power", "Battery Fuse"  While did find few threads on them, I still not understand how to resolve my issue.
So I like to ask your help for specific directions.  My dealer opens in 35 min but I believe your folks may direct me to resolution before then.

The dealer installed the Refrig fan yesterday and I drove home w/o have them test/show/check (my bad).  Last night I noticed that Jensen had no blue light display, and the porch light won't turn on (LG is still hitched and connected to my TV).  This morning I connected the AC and Jensen is on.  So I hope the issue is not serious and won't have to drive back to my dealer.

So please direct me to solve the issue and I thank you.
1) Is ther a power reset or just flip a switch?  And where is this thing?
2) Is it the "Battery fuse - 30amp" blown?  If so where is the fuse?  Does my new LG come with spares?  Or I can go to AutoZone and say I need a X and they will know what to give me?

Hope you can guide me to easily resolve the issue.  And lesson learned to ask the dealer to demo the fix prior to leave its facility.
2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    It sounds like they removed your battery fuse and neglected to put it back in. It's on the positive side of the battery, a small black box. The fuse may be blown, too. Be sure to pick up some extra 30 amp fuses. You'll see what kind when you find the fuse. Pick up an assortment when you can to keep on hand. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    I checked the Interstate battery and found no fuse.   Talked with the dealer service and he said might be a weak battery or electical issue.  (my LG is only 2 week old). He advised me to charge on AC power overnight.

Additional thoughts?  TIA

• Options
    All this happened after dealer installed the new Frig Fan.
    Today I charged with home AC 110 and after few hours I removed the AC and the Light will come on Battery mode only.

However, after AC 110 is removed, I can still hear a fan noise under the sink or near the Refrig (both Refig and new fan switch are off).
    Is this normal? I suspect it is what happened after I picked up LG after installation, some fan kept running until it drains the battery.

Your thoughts?
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    edited August 2015
    Is your fridge fan staying on?
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    Lots to learn for us as new to RV.   It might have been the converter fan continued to run for x minutes after ac 110 disconnect.   This morning every thing in LG is quiet, Jensen & lights work fine in battery mode.

As we won't camp in the next 50 days.  I may just plug in ac 110 every 2 weeks for a day or 2 to charge battery.  Hope this is the safe and right thing to do.

Thanks to you all.