box, tray or straps for Renogy 200ah LiPo

Hi,
I recently purchased the 200Ah Renogy LiPo battery. It is about 20.5"L x 9.6"D x 8.6"H. I have removed the original battery and its box from my 2022 Tab 320 CS-S and intend to mount the Renogy in the LP/battery compartment. What have ya'll done to mount this thing? I can't seem to find a tray or box to place in there, which would "flatten" the bottom and give me a place to strap the battery to.

Ideally, I would like some kind of box, even if it is a plastic storage tote, so that I can put a lid on it. But, I haven't been able to find anything that fits snugly, as it is already a tight fit with one LP tank and the bolts in the floor of the LP/battery compartment are kinda in the way.

2022 Tab 320 CS-S Boondock

Comments

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,496
    I haven’t seen that anyone has found a box for that particular battery. Your easiest option is likely to cut a piece of plywood to fit the floor of that area, drill out holes for the protruding bolt heads, and screw it down to get a more level floor. Then use screw mounted straps to hold down the battery, with post caps to protect the terminals and connectors.

Alternatively either a plastic or aluminum fabricator could probably build you a box to your specifications, or you can build your own out of thin plywood. I believe I’ve seen at least one owner who cut out the short divider to widen the available space for a box somewhat. I also toyed with the idea for a while of adding supports of some sort to the walls of my tub to hold up a custom cut “lid” (essentially a shelf with a handle) to cover a battery without a box, but I haven’t gone farther than daydreaming about it.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • techietabtechietab Member Posts: 161
    I don't seem to have water intrusion issues with my 2022 320 S front box, so I've not bothered with a battery box for my 2x 100Ah LiFePO4 batteries. I couldn't find a good prefab box that fit them anyway. Instead, I cut two walls off an oversized milk crate, put a heating pad + aluminum panel to distribute the heat on the bottom, set my batteries on top of that, wrapped in radiant barrier and strapped it all together.
    Northern VA
    2022 T@b 320 S / 2021 Subaru Outback
  • ybakosybakos Member Posts: 47
    @techietab I love the milk crate idea and the plywood suggestion, @VictoriaP . Thanks!

2022 Tab 320 CS-S Boondock