Options

T@B Height vs Garage Door

I am considering buying LittleGuy.  Looking at T@B but notice it is 5 inches taller than standard garage door.  Has anyone tried pulling the wheels off, setting the hubs on sturdy dolly to ease one through a garage door? I have extra garage slot and would ease storage concerns.

Comments

• Options
    TweedrvrTweedrvr Member Posts: 122
    Hi, FredinDayton,
    I had the same concern and there is a discussion thread on this that you can search for. I can't remember who wrote that they removed the wheels and put on 11" hubs and it took it down enough.  Can't remember if they had to remove anything from the roof, but that is what I am going to do this winter.  Summer project has been trying to clean out the garage enough of accumulated "stuff" to make room.  It's always been my hub's domain but I seem to be taking it over.  :blush: 
    Martha in VT, 2015 "Mahit@bel" T@B CS-S Max
  • Options
    fredindaytonfredindayton Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Martha.  I'll search for that thread.  Good luck on the clean out project. 

• Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    Yep, bought rims off of EBay because they were more reasonable than a salvage yard and had a guy cut the flange off with a laser and put them on the trailer and it rolls into the garage.  It's a pain but it doesn't have to sit outside in a storage facility surrounded by the elements.  I know where it's at and can add improvements if I feel like doing so-like a toggle switch to shut the radio light off or a bottom for the plastic thing that surrounds the propane tank.
  • Options
    fredindaytonfredindayton Member Posts: 3
    Thanks.  I'll snoop around on eBay.
  • Options
    BentrBentr Member Posts: 58
    Earlier this summer my son and I solved this problem by literally raising the roof on our garage 5" to get the necessary clearance. Roof was made with manufactured trusses so it was relatively simple to remove the fasteners from the Simpson ties that held the joists to the walls and then use a few bottle jacks under 4x4 posts to jack up the roof. We did one side at a time and added new 2x4" top plates to support the roof at the new height. Only tricky part was having to slice through the siding at the front. I haven't replaced the door yet but will likely make one that slides like a barn door. I had an architect friend take a look ahead of time to make sure the garage wasn't going to collapse during the operation but it went really smoothly. My guess is it cost my about $200 total.
    Ben Trelease & Eleanor Bell - Seattle, WA - 2009 T@B Bell@luna TV Subaru Forester