Keeping the refrigerator from getting musty over the winter

This is going to be our first winter with our camper stored, I'm wondering if there's anything special we should do with the fridge to keep it from getting "musty" inside over the winter?

Possibly, while the camper is in storage, leaving the fridge door open, to let air circulate through, or possibly should we just get some "dry packs" of silica gel or such and stick one in the fridge?
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited October 2022
    Make sure it’s at ambient temp and dry when you store it. Leave the door cracked open an inch or two. Many RV & marine fridges have a mechanism that will hold the door open for you, my older Norcold does. If not, a folded towel over the top of the door is typically enough to keep it from closing..
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    I think the best bet, with any refrigerator, is to leave it open when not in use.  The latch should have a "vent" position or you can just leave it wide open.
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman