Options

Alde propane range

How many cumulative hours of Alde propane use might one expect in mid 30’s temps?
Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
Minnesota and Arizona

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,720
    Someone in this group actually measured out what the Alde says the system on propane uses, and what you can actually expect from a standard propane tank.  I always have trouble finding that thread!

Travels With Delaney did a nice video of his findings while testing in his 400. 

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    Thanks pthomas, exactly what we needed !  Most probably useful to many this time of year.

Doug

Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    I think a lot would depend on if it were an older model T@B with a 3-way refrig  vents out the front and a newer one  with a 2-way refrig and no vents.  A lot of air leaks in my old 2016 T@B vs  the 2022 model.
  • Options
    WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 193
    We just got back from a 3 day trip w temp in the low 70s during the day and mid 30s at night. Full sun site and clear, sunny skies w light winds.  We only used about 5-6% per day based on a Mopeka tank sensor. Thermostat set at 67, 2 pots of coffee per day and some toasted English muffins on the inside stove. All other cooking was done on an outside stove w its own tank. Front window and top vent cracked for ventilation. The heater would kick on sometime around 11pm to midnight and we’d turn it off about 6:30 or so when we got the coffee going. 2021 320S Boondock w 2-way fridge.

So we’d be good for 12+ days if we start with a full tank under those very nice conditions. Cloudy, cool days, windy, rain … that would change the equation. 
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho