Options

Anyone own an Isabella canopy? Reviews?

2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
Paulo Coelho

Comments

• Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    They look great and the Pa Ha Qua reviews aren't very favorable overall. 

Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    These are not sold in the US.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    They have an awesome screen room, too.  Too bad it's cost prohibitive to try to ship to the U.S.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    We are aware that some reviewers think otherwise, but we just LOVE both the XL visor and the awning we have, both by Paha Que. 
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Oh, I love my Visor.  It's the only thing I use unless I have the add-a-room up.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Yeah, I totally love my Visor XL. There are some that complain quite loudly about Paha Que products, I have no issues and there customer service is great.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The Visor XL is a piece of cake to install, use and take down. It is marvelous!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Agree with all of the above on the VisorXL
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Just ordered mine.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I have a thermarest canopy and since I got the XL visor, I haven't taken it out of its case.  At some point, I'll probably get rid of it.  The XL visor is so much easier to use, takes up less room to store and provides a reasonably large protected space.  The canopy is larger (I think the Isabela and the thermarest are comparable sized), but a bit of a pain to set up.  If you want a relatively large covered space, its nice, but I found the trade off wasn't worth it for me.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I purchased the T@B tent and the Visor XL. With the simplicity of the visor, I, too, haven't gotten the tent out of the package. The tent will get used in inclimate weather, or possibly in October when the yellow jackets try to bother me whe cooking. It will have its day.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    If I did a lot of camping where I stayed around the campsite for most of the time and for longer periods, I think the tent could be great. For my style of camping, the Vision XL is perfect.  There was a heavy dew when I packed up camp this weekend. I pulled down the Visor and wiped it off with a couple of paper towels. I let it sit in the sun for 5 minutes and it was completely dry. It also stores easily in the bench on the passenger side, along with leveling blocks.

• Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    Does the clamshell interfere with the visor XL? The Isabella is sold pretty much everywhere but here. I'd buy it from the French retailer. 

Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    Hm - not sure if the Visor fits CS, we have an S model. Have you checked online the PahaQue store (or Teardrop shop)? 
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA.