Options

New Isabella awning

JamesCJamesC Member Posts: 62
edited October 2022 in Camping & Travel
Recently went camping at Cape Disappointment State Park at the mouth of the Columbia River and we’re able to try out our new awning. It worked great, even in the rain and kept the area in front of the trailer dry giving us a good place for removing shoes. It went up in about 20 minutes with no problems and next time I’m sure it will be even easier. 

2018 T@B 400, 2015 F150 tow vehicle. 

Comments

• Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    edited October 2022
    We purchased our Isabella awning after seeing one at UCamp 21. While not cheap it is worth it to us. My previous Pahaque awning was good unless there was any wind over 15 mph while the Isabella has been very wind resistant. 
    Because of our positive experience with the Isabella awning we “bit the bullet” and purchased the Isabella Deluxe Sun Canopy which is a side tent for our 2018 400. We have grandsons who love to camp but have outgrown the dinette space. We have Disc-o-bed bunk beds ready for next year’s camping adventures.  The tent takes about twice as long to setup. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    cafyrmancafyrman Member Posts: 25
    How much wind do you think the Isabella awning can take?  I've snapped two poles on the Pahaque awning now.  And in winds less than 15, I'm pretty sure.
    2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    JamesCJamesC Member Posts: 62
    Haven’t experienced wind of any significance yet so not sure, but the poles seem quite sturdy. We didn’t stake it down this time but I imagine that would make quite a difference. We have delt mostly with rain here in the Pacific Northwest so that has been my major concern. The Paque awning would just collapse in the rain. It also always would rub on the door when we opened it. 
    2018 T@B 400, 2015 F150 tow vehicle. 
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    @cafyrman we experienced 25+ mph winds with our Isabella and it handled it in stride. Our previous Pahaque awning would have been in trouble with any wind over 15 mph.  We got very practiced at taking the Pahaque down as soon as there was a threat of wind. There have been other posts from Isabella owner’s experiences with higher winds. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    cafyrmancafyrman Member Posts: 25
    Thanks!  One of the places I use my T@B is in fire camp.  And fires and wind sort of go together, especially when I'm busy and don't have time to take down the awning.  The Isabella with a couple of buckets of rocks or water would be much better.
    2018 T@B 400