Options

Brake controller

2»

Comments

• Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    I spent 4hr getting my Lincoln MKC set up with a 7 pin adapter for a wireless protegy brake controller and I don't eve have a trailer yet...

it it is worth the $300-400 the first time someone pulls out in front of you...
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    TweedrvrTweedrvr Member Posts: 122
  • Options
    Definitely checking out the wireless.  Reading about it, it sounds like it might ease my concerns about getting involved in wiring issues.  Thank you mash2 and webcrawler.

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    You will still need to get your tow vehicle wired to supply electricity to the T@B's lights and battery.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    Yes, with the protegy you do need a fused 12v line run from battery/fuse box to the charging line on the 7 pin adapter.  However you do not need the brake output or the reverse sensor wired up on the 7 pin.  I bought a Hopkins kit that has a mounting bracket and wiring adapter for my existing  flat four plug.  All I had to do was run the 12v line to the black wire on the 7 pin...
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    My Protigy RF EBC arrived today. Reading thru the instructions and one thing bothers me.  It says not to mount or activate RF generating items such as cell phones less than 12" to the hand held unit. How is anyone handling this? Just wondering. 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Tweedrvr said:
    My Protigy RF EBC arrived today. Reading thru the instructions and one thing bothers me.  It says not to mount or activate RF generating items such as cell phones less than 12" to the hand held unit. How is anyone handling this? Just wondering. 
    My cell phone was plugged into the USB about 6" from the 12V accessory that the wireless controller was plugged into. The phone was laid on the console and the wireless unit in a cubbyhole less than 12" away. Everything worked just fine. And I did make a number of hands free calls on the cell phone. No problems. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks, Verna.  I'm starting to get into a state of overload trying to get this connected, try to get in one more couple of days of camping next week before they close and get it to Camping World for winterization.  AAUGH!
  • Options
    I bought the wireless Prodigy. When I connected it up I couldn't get it to "connect." Turns out the UHaul folks felt I only needed 5 of the 7 connectors even though I told them I needed 7. Went back to them and they finished the job (and nicely didn't charge me, which I appreciated).  "Connected" fine after that but when taking my 2015 T@B CS-S Max for a few days, some weird things happened. The radio turned itself on and I couldn't turn it off. If I turned the engine off it would seem fine and then got weird again. Haven't noticed any odd things since I got home and unhitched. I made sure to keep my phone and handset apart although their plugs were adjacent. Any thoughts from anyone? My car is a 2016 Subaru Outback so I sure don't want anything messing with my warranties, etc.