Options

T@b Repair by Seabiscuit (David Hess)

When leaving a campsite recently, our 320S came off the hitch ball and we dragged the camper by the safety chains for about 20 feet on the asphalt, damaging the jack (luckily, we were only going about 10 mph in the campground). 

Since we were already in Tennessee, and we knew they were a metal shop, we called Sea Biscuit Metal Designs (https://seabiscuitmetaldesigns.com) to see if they could fix the jack. What a great decision! When we arrived, David Hess confirmed they could fix it. Ty removed the jack, ground down the bent part, and had it back on the trailer in no time. They didn’t even charge us for the labor. 

Sea Biscuit treated us with respect, were very friendly, and gave us a lot of camper and trailering advice. David showed us some of their other work in the shop, and they appear to do excellent work, with a high level of craftsmanship (I have some pre-retirement experience in industrial manufacturing). I highly recommend Sea Biscuit and David’s crew. Many thanks to David, Kristine,Ty and Jeff for their help, advice and guidance. 

Comments

• Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    I'll second Bradly/Sea Biscuit products, and will also state that dealing with David and his lovely spouse Kristine is a very pleasant experience. The quality of the Sea Biscuit boxes is first rate, arguably superior to that of the factory storage box. The pricing is very fair and they are great value for money.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    PjknoblePjknoble Member Posts: 14
    I love David Hess and all things Seabiscuit.  They do fabuous work and have impeccable customer service!
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock • Acura MDX
    PacNW
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    I had a similar experience with Empire Metals in Phoenix, AZ, when they fabricated a custom metal plate for an articulating hitch.  Fair price, excellent workmanship and timely delivery.  Highly recommend them.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.