Apple TV

I just wired in a new AppleTV (3rd Gen) Box to the HDMI input of the Jensen...  It is AWESOME!!!  No more fiddle-futzing with adapters, cables, drop outs, sequence flows etc...  It just WORKED perfectly and wirelessly from iPhone, iPad and computer.  I am running the AppleTV box with a 12v inverter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AI0OE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details  so it does not matter if I am on shore power or battery.  I have created a LAN (without internet) using a https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AI0OE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details powered by a USB outlet.  I simply log into the LAN with both AppleTV and device I want to stream from and everyone plays nice...  This allows me to stream any downloaded content wirelessly to the TV without the need for WiFi or cellular signal.  If my camp happens to have decent wifi, then I can just log onto that network with all devices and AppleTV and stream from the internet.  Happy Camper!
Ultimate Toys Teardrop Camper
Volvo XC-40
SF Bay Area, California

Comments

• manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,322
    Sounds like a great setup. We have an Amazon fire stick (would rather have an Apple TV but the form factor of the stick was enticing) that works plugged directly into the tv’s HDMI port and usb to completely bypass plugging anything into the Jensen unit. 

The nice thing about using an HDMI switch on the back of the TV is:
    -You free up the Jensen port.
    -You avoid the cable to your Apple TV coming out of the front of the Jensen.

Either way your setup sounds great and having a LAN is something I may do down the road as well.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • KK1LKK1L Member Posts: 117
    edited November 2022
    @manyman297 Using the Jenson input will send the audio to the camper speakers, which is a bonus. <edit> I ready your HDMI switch post since typing this </edit>. It is cleaner/neater to use the TV port for sure. I have yet to neaten up the Chromecast at the Jenson. I do like that the USB on the Jenson powers the Chromecast.

@jbajor I am a new owner and the 400 has not left the driveway since arriving home last week, so my casting has been using the home WiFi. I had not considered that I would want to setup a camper network. I might look into using a Pi as a low power access point. By the way the link for the network appliance is the same as the inverter.
    73 es God Bless de KK1L, Ron <><
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock "Running up a T@B"
    Jericho, VT
  • jbajorjbajor Member Posts: 161
    KK1L said:
    @manyman297 Using the Jenson input will send the audio to the camper speakers, which is a bonus. It is cleaner/neater to use the TV port. I have yet to neaten up the Chromecast at the Jenson. I do like that the USB on the Jenson powers the Chromecast.

@jbajor I am a new owner and the 400 has not left the driveway since arriving home last week, so my casting has been using the home WiFi. I had not considered that I would want to setup a camper network. I might look into using a Pi as a low power access point. By the way the link for the network appliance is the same as the inverter.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07794JRC5?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,322
    @KK1L You can use the Jensen’s USB port to power the chromecast as well.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 193
    jbajor Sounds great. We use Apple TVs at home and on the road (when have signal) but also download shows to our iPADS and iPhones when we don't have a signal. Currently use a one button HDMI switch connected to TV with a small HDMI cable going to Apple TV and a longer one going between the beds with HDMI AV adapter for devices and then just set Jenson to AUX to play thru speakers. I like the idea of doing all the wirelessly instead. How did you create the LAN? I clicked on the link in your post and both links are for the 12v adapters. 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
  • jbajorjbajor Member Posts: 161
    jbajor Sounds great. We use Apple TVs at home and on the road (when have signal) but also download shows to our iPADS and iPhones when we don't have a signal. Currently use a one button HDMI switch connected to TV with a small HDMI cable going to Apple TV and a longer one going between the beds with HDMI AV adapter for devices and then just set Jenson to AUX to play thru speakers. I like the idea of doing all the wirelessly instead. How did you create the LAN? I clicked on the link in your post and both links are for the 12v adapters. 
    sorry about the duplicate links!  Here is what I used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07794JRC5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    which I power off of a USB charging port.

Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California