Options

New T@bber from Michigan LP

Kevin@7Kevin@7 Member Posts: 66
Hello Everyone,

At little about me and my T@b experience...

I've been eyeing these beauties for a while now and finally decided to commit.  It then all came together quite quickly as I went from almost committing to the regretted 4 month wait to committing to exactly what I was looking for right on a lot.  Only 1hr drive away.  It was the only one they had and had been sitting for a few weeks (not so common).  It all seemed too good to be true.  Thinking the reason may have been because it was advertised as a basic S model yet turned out to be a Max S and was last years model (2015).  Lucky for me that many of the new 2016 additions had been rolled in as running changes and I was able to get a good deal as many dealers try to close a month out with sales targets and reducing inventory.  These things are hot sellers and with low volume, LG has a good strategy to create demand and keep quality high.

Never thought I'd ever own and RV as I look at these behemoths and roll my eyes....then I saw a t@b a few years back and I thought it was perfect.  As a backpacker and tent camper i've always regretted bad weather and when it starts to get cold.  That was the main reason that spurred my interest but I also like to make it easier to move from camp to camp.  I'm not always so fond of staying in one place for more than 2 days. 

Already took her (yep it's a her as I've decided because everyone calls it cute) on a maiden voyage in the Michigan upper LP and UP.  I've always tent camped up there and although that's great and don't plan to completely give it up since I still go backpacking, there's nothing worse than packing up a tent after an all night rain that continues long into the day/week.  Haven't slept in it yet 'cause I Let the parents enjoy the first experience as I roughed it in a tent but looking forward to that in the near future.  Weather was absolutely perfect on the first trip...bonus for me.

I guess the biggest appeal about the T@b is managing the small space and I already have a laundry list of things to maximize efficiency.  Lot's of great ideas on the forums here and sounds like this is a never ending work in progress as I read the many threads.  Part of the fun as with backpacking.  Most, including me, are quite surprised at how efficient you can make a small space with some thought and effort and start to draw the line between excess and necessity.

Although the overall quality is quite high on these T@B's I scratch my head at some of the minor things that were overlooked.  Thankfully I'm pretty handy so it's not such a big deal but I'm just surprised at how some of these fairly minor things just passed right through.  Some design...some manufacturing.  I'll leave that for another post.  Fortunately nothing that requires action from the factory or dealer...yet.  Knock on nice solid Birch wood.
2014 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk
2018 T@B 400 (white w/ red trim)

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Welcome aboard - sounds like everything just fell into place so it must have been meant to be.
  • Options
    I like to think of it that way :)
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    Kevin@7 said:
    Hello Everyone,

At little about me and my T@b experience...

These things are hot sellers and with low volume, LG has a good strategy to create demand and keep quality high.

Never thought I'd ever own and RV as I look at these behemoths and roll my eyes....then I saw a t@b a few years back and I thought it was perfect.  As a backpacker and tent camper i've always regretted bad weather and when it starts to get cold.  
    I guess the biggest appeal about the T@b is managing the small space and I already have a laundry list of things to maximize efficiency.  Lot's of great ideas on the forums here and sounds like this is a never ending work in progress as I read the many threads.  Part of the fun as with backpacking.  Most, including me, are quite surprised at how efficient you can make a small space with some thought and effort and start to draw the line between excess and necessity.

Although the overall quality is quite high on these T@B's I scratch my head at some of the minor things that were overlooked.  Thankfully I'm pretty handy so it's not such a big deal but I'm just surprised at how some of these fairly minor things just passed right through.  Some design...some manufacturing.  I'll leave that for another post.  Fortunately nothing that requires action from the factory or dealer...yet.  Knock on nice solid Birch wood.
    Hear hear. Exactly what Kevin said. Only here in AZ it gets hot. I'm on a week long vacation in my new this summer T@b and having such a blast. All the hiking and eating outdoors and watching the sun come up over the lake of tent camping yet a third of the work.

just fun
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    JodellRJodellR Member Posts: 67
    Welcome Kevin. Funny you mention the mistake on the website listing. Pretty sure that is how I was able to locate mine last month before it got snapped up.  So many pretty places to camp in Michigan. You must have had fun.  
    Jody

2015 Yellow/White T@b Max S, 2015 Navy Blue VW Tiguan TV, 2 yr English Bulldog navigator
  • Options
    thanks.  Yes Michigan if full of really great camping locations.  Certainly have no complaints there, however, plan to seek out adventure in other states over the coming years and really put some miles on my TV and T@B.  Limited vacation time is the big road block there.
  • Options
    PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    Hi Kevin - Welcome.   Come to Texas campgrounds. 
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston
  • Options
    Sounds like a nice winter camping trip.  Michigan winters are brutal.