Options

Mystery light purple 12V wire ** SOLVED**

Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 384
Hi,  

Seeing if anyone has an insight of what a light purple 12V wire going to fuse slot 5 on a 2021320 S might be for?

I've been having intermittent fuse blowing and failure of the 15 amp slot 5 fuse.  In my TAB, the fuse is listed for the Nucamp panel, fan, toilet and CO monitor. In my trouble shooting, I found a failure in the connection .  The 4 wires  at the connector are just too many to be crimped together and they came loose.  In my trouble shooting, I found  by connecting 3 of the individual the wires what they control, but there is a fourth light purple wire that I can't seem to find what it powers.  The Nucamp control panel and the CO monitor are also crimped together and share a single wire to the fuse panel (1 of the 4 wires).  The purple wire disappears under the bathroom wall and seems to head forward. It's a thin (higher gauge) wire Thoughts? 

Thank you

2021 TAB 320 BD
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Southern Maryland

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,604
    Yoshi_TAB said:
    Seeing if anyone has an insight of what a light purple 12V wire going to fuse slot 5 on a 2021320 S might be for?

. . . found  by connecting 3 of the individual the wires what they control, but there is a fourth light purple

Please provide the information on what the non-Purple Wires are connected to.
    That will help eliminate items to investigate.

From your description/picture a wiring diagram would be:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options

Please provide the information on what the non-Purple Wires are connected to.
    That will help eliminate items to investigate.

Hi,

There are four wires going to the 15A #5 fuse.

1.  One for the toilet
    2.  One for the fan
    3.  One for the Control panel and CO monitor.  (These are spliced together downstream into a single wire to the fuse.  )
    4.  The unknow purple.

The CO monitor was not listed on my fuse list.

For reference, but not validated.

Fuse #1; 7.5 amps; Lights; Gas Solenoid
    Fuse #2; 15 amps; TV/Radio
    Fuse #3; 15 amps; USB outlet
    Fuse #4; 20 amps; Refrigerator
    Fuse #6; 30 amps; Converter power
    Fuse #7; 40 amps; Reverse battery protection

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    @Yoshi_TAB ;  You note that the purple wire goes under the wet-bath.
    There are very few 12VDC electrical items in the forward area . . . my best guess is the purple Wire goes to the 12VDC/USB outlet above the sink {if the yr-21 still has it} with the Fuse Panel Label "USB" meaning the rear/aft USB port(s).

You should be able to isolate what the Purple wire is connected to, there are very few items in the forward cabin area.

Updated Diagram:

• Options
    I'll do some further investigating.  The USB/12V outlet is still there but under the sink (above would be much better!).  Your correct, only a few up front...the outlet, toilet pump, under shelf front light.

Could it go out to the outside 12V junction box on the trailer frame?

I'll report back...thank you
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    Yoshi_TAB said:
    Could it go out to the outside 12V junction box on the trailer frame?
    Doubtful, the junction box should have one (White) wire going to the Power Center, all the others are trailer exterior (vehicle) lights or the brakes.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Hi,

I think the mystery is solved.  I noticed as it disappeared it was bundled with the black and red toilet wires.  So I went to the Thetford site and found a purple wire mentioned on their installation instructions.  So I'd bet it's tied into with the toilet.  Although the toilet flushed with just the one wire connected.  Thank you for your help.

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland