Wall thickness for 2021 T@b 320S Boondock

I want to add a 12v usb outlet to the exterior passenger side of my T@b 320. I am trying to find the wall thickness so I know how long of an outlet I need to order. I want to install this near the 120v outlet. I could remove this outlet just to see what the thickness is then reinstall, but I thought if anyone knows where I can find the specs or the thickness it would save me from removing this outlet & having to reseal & install it back in.
2021 T@b 320S Boondock 
TV - 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Retired aircraft mechanic from AA
2-3 several week trips per year & other trips we can squeeze inbetween our long trips.
Avid road bicycle rider. always carry a bike or 2 with us.

Comments

• WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 183
    Any thoughts on replacing the existing outlet w one that has both 110 and usb ports?  
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
  • AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,268
    edited December 2022
    Good idea @WayneW if he's always on shore power.

Probably doesn't help, but here's the wall of a 2020 320S. I didn't measure the thickness, but it may give you a rough idea until someone can give an exact number.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 183
    Yes, I just thought of the need to always have some sort of 110v power. This approach would not work while boondocking.  Good point, @AnOldUR !
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
  • SLJSLJ Member Posts: 439
    edited December 2022
    Side wall section from my 2021 320S Boondock.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • SLJSLJ Member Posts: 439
    edited December 2022
    I'd recommend using a PD style (Marine) outlet. Many come with a rubber cover and you can mix and match for exactly what you want. Many combinations. I'll be adding one this winter (USB and USB C) to the outside on mine with a switch on the inside and an in-line fuse. https://amzn.to/3BS8YIr
    I use them on the inside also. Here's my main panel and a USB I installed by the door:

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • DanSeesDanSees Member Posts: 49
    Thank you everyone. Looks 1 1/4"  I will definately add a fuse and a marine type outlet. I have found when boondocking and sitting outside it would be nice to plug in my phone or flashlight which is usb or usc . WayneW said:
    Any thoughts on replacing the existing outlet w one that has both 110 and usb ports?  
    I thought about this also. But would rather just install a outlet with 2 usb's and save te 120v with 2 plugs.
    2021 T@b 320S Boondock 
    TV - 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Retired aircraft mechanic from AA
    2-3 several week trips per year & other trips we can squeeze inbetween our long trips.
    Avid road bicycle rider. always carry a bike or 2 with us.