Winterize Fresh Water Tank 2022 Tab 320S

Newbie here - followed the winterize with antifreeze video, but I don’t totally understand what is happening. 

With the AF - is the process pushing AF through the fresh water tank so that there is some AF in place?

Also, same issues as others with pump priming issues. 

I was nervous to ensure I didn’t blow the lines with air pressure and filling with AF - believe I survived 

I actually live in Seaside Florida in the panhandle - but we are getting to 20 for 4 days this Christmas weekend and highs a few days 35 - decided to go the AF route to not take any chances

Blessings to All 

Comments

• Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 362
    edited December 2022
    Hi,  These may help.  Follow the dark blue line in the first picture.  With the valves in the winterizing position, the antifreeze pulled in goes through the pump only and bypasses the tank.  Then the antifreeze goes through the rest of the cold water lines to tall 3 faucets (picture #2), except it by passes the Alde (follows Alde by pass route in second photo around the Alde)   if you have that Alde by pass valve set, which you should for winterization.   Hope that helps.  Use a short piece of hose to suck in the antifreeze and put the jug at the same level as the door on the nautilus.  Put some antifreeze down the two drains.  Ask more if you are still stuck.  

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Playa_Bonita_30APlaya_Bonita_30A Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2022
    Thank you - does the fresh tank require any AF
  • Playa_Bonita_30APlaya_Bonita_30A Member Posts: 22
    how do how do you get the name of the person to pop so I can reply and person with them know it 

if that makes sense 
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,596
    @Playa_Bonita_30A if you put the "@" symbol in front of the person's screen name, they will get a little notification on their screen.
    What Winterizing instructions are you using? The NuCamp video on the Winterizing manuals page here?
    As long as the fresh water tank is mostly drained, the small amount of water in the tank cannot expand enough to cause any issues.
    What you need to see is the antifreeze coming through the faucets.  That will assure you have pretty much eliminated the water in the pipes.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,448
    Make sure to run antifreeze through both the cold and hot lines by opening both the cold and hot at the faucets/showers.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio