Underlayment Recall Replacement Places Besides nuCamp?

I've had discussions with nuCamp and the first option is to drive 2000 miles each way from Phoenix, AZ to Sugarcreek, OH to have the underlayment replaced due to the recall item as listed HERE. With the price of gas, time off work it would take, hotel room stay, etc, I'm trying to find another option to get this fixed.

So far, I've been dealing with Tom's Camperlands (yes, plural, ie; I've contacted more than one) here in the greater Phoenix, AZ area and so far, they are not wanting, willing, or experienced with this process so does anyone have another dealership that they would recommend that has EXPERIENCE with this out west?

Please only share your comments if you or someone you know has had this recalled flooring replaced. I've already tried multiple options like transporting my trailer on a carrier by nuCamp so the bottom line is, now that I have the problem and I've gotten the approval for the replacement, I need to find a place that will do it and do it right!

If not, I may have to take several weeks off and get this done at the factory. TIA

2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Try contacting nüCamp’s TaB dealer in SanDiego, I believe they can do the floor recall. If not, Vogel’s RV in Ukahia CA can do the repair, they did mine.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
    @Denny16 awesome, thank you! I'll definitely give both of those dealerships a call and will report back.
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    Not sure if this is the same company, but John Schilling also does Tab work.  Apparently, he has moved out to the Murrieta/Hesperia area (somewhere to the east, at least!) and is still doing work out there.  Again, I'm not sure if he was also the Tab dealer in San Diego.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
    @pthomas745 funny you should mention... lol. I just got an email from the nuCamp mentioning John's shop as well. I had originally asked John Schilling about the floor replacement but he said he doesn't do that sort of work at their shop. I'll ask him again, just in case something may have changed. John did a service on my Alde heater for me while I was in San Diego in October. Thank you for the suggestion. 
    @Denny16 to update this comment thread, I've been referred to Vogel's RVs in Ukiah by nuCamp and  will be having the flooring done there along with an insurance claim done at the same time. (damaged door due to a break in while in storage) Sean said he will want my trailer for a week so he can allow the new flooring to dry before completing everything and putting it back together so I plan to get a hotel room and do a little sightseeing around there. 
    Thank you for your assistance and recommendation.
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @ReenieG thanks for the update. Many times we don't know what, who or how something gets resolved. It is appreciated. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited January 2023
    @ReenieG, I would plan on 10-days in case there is a snag.  It took longer get to get our floor done than estimated, but Sean is very good, he helped nüCamp develop the process to replace the floor.  With Vogel’s new larger shop space, schedules are easier for them to keep.  But best to plan for a day or two delay.  

A TaB320 is easier to do a floor replacement in, not as much cabinets/furniture to remove.  Our TaB 400 took a bit longer, as it took a day to remove the cabinets and rip out the old floor, clean the surface, then a day to install the replacement Azdel layer, then glue the new Infinity floor back in.  After the several days drying time the cabinets were reinstalled.  Here is a shot after the floor was in and most of the cabinets back in: 
    The new Infinity floor back in, front pax side dinette seat not yet installed back in. 
    I am sitting in our TaB400, enjoying the warm sun shinning in the large front window, and admiring Sean’s great work our our floor. Almost two years later, and it still looks new.  No issues, no more bubbles or loose floor bits.

Have fun, lots of places to visit in the Ukahia area, Talmage’s former state hospital is a Buddhist University and does an excellent lunch open to the 
    public.  Also Vichy Springs resort is fun to poke around (http://vichysprings.com/)

A side trip to the coast down Hwy 20 from Willits if a good day trip, we live near Ft. Bragg in Casper.  If you do come to the coast for a day trip let me know, and we can meet up for lunch in one of our famous harbor restaurants. 
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    edited January 2023
    @Denny16 thanks for the heads up. I'm mainly waiting to hear back on a projected date so I can plan my trip. I'd like to do a little camping on the way there & back as well so it'll probably be about 3 weeks total.
    That'll be my next camping and hotel stay trip!
    I'm looking forward to sightseeing around the area & always love to go to the coast.
    I've only been to No Cal a few times although I visit San Diego every summer to go to the dog beaches.
    I lived in LA & Orange counties for about a decade.
    You can count on it when I'm in town! I look forward to meeting you guys! I'll message you my number so we can keep in touch.
    @dragonsdofly you're welcome.