Options

Huntington Beach State Park

ImNotThereYetImNotThereYet Member Posts: 34
edited December 2022 in Teardrop Groups & Links
Very excited that I finished our footage of our trip to Huntington Beach State Park. If you are thinking about going there, here’s a little video you can check out to see some of the sights! Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/9Ig9N21GBqI
2023 TAB 320 Boondock towing with a 2006 Highlander-www.donjohnsmusic.com

Comments

• Options
    AppalachiaTNAppalachiaTN Member Posts: 1
    Enjoyed your video. We are booked at Huntington Beach in mid January. It will be our first visit. How did you find the WIFI and cell coverage at the campground? We have T-Mobile and intend this to be a working vacation. 
  • Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    Nice, going to Huntington Beach Feb 26th, after a stay at Skidaway, Ga. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Enjoyed your video. We are booked at Huntington Beach in mid January. It will be our first visit. How did you find the WIFI and cell coverage at the campground? We have T-Mobile and intend this to be a working vacation. 
    Sorry just now seeing this. We never tried the WIFI, I try and not use my phone when I’m camping, but my wife reads books on her iPhone, but uses her phone as a hot spot. So happy you enjoyed my video! I really work hard on these to try and make this a production masterpiece!
  • Options
    GregChris said:
    Nice, going to Huntington Beach Feb 26th, after a stay at Skidaway, Ga. Can't wait.
    Just saw your comment. We just got back from Skidaway last weekend. We liked it. A bit disappointed that we did not see many birds. Not sure why that was because it was a great spot for them. Make sure you go on the hiking trail that has the two story overlook overlooking the marsh and water. Super awesome. Our favorite so far has been Hunting Island, SC. Epic! Working on that video now! Happy camping!
  • Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    Thanks. We stayed at Skidaway last March in a tent. Our Winnie was in storage. This year we will be in our 320s with our dog. Stayed at Hunting Island  probably 15 years ago in a popup. Really nice park. We have 5 days at Skidaway followed by 5 days at Huntington Beach. We made these res in Dec 2022 at that was the only time we could find in either park with consecutive days. Trying to find somewhere to add on  in early March. Not much luck. Did you do Savanna while camped at Skidaway?
  • Options
    Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59
    @ImNotThereYet Thanks so much for sharing a video! - I always look forward to videos from fellow T@B owners. Never seems to be enough T@B content to share the "tiny trailer camping" perspective - it gets old watching videos of some 40' fifth wheeler post and whine about how they can't fit their behemoth in their site or their full size kitchen didn't meet their needs.  =)

Back on topic :)  - we stayed at Myrtle Beach State Park last July and had a great time. But we drove over to Huntington Beach to check it out and decided we will definitely stay there next time. It may be a bit farther from the hustle and bustle of the strip but we like that! Seems more laid back and quiet than Myrtle Beach SP and it looks like it still fits the way we beach - just sit in our chairs, chill, read and dip toes once and awhile! And we found some good restaurants too not far from there in the Murrells Inlet area.

One thing is for sure though - we will not go in July ever again! We were there for the record heat wave and it was way too hot for us! Also for anyone interested - Myrtle Beach SP is right under the airport takeoff/landing path - and operations start promptly at 0630. But I admit as an ex-aviator it was pretty cool watching F-16's fly in/out over the beach a few days...

Kevin