Options

How to make hot water?

Would someone straighten me out...PLEASE? I have gotten myself so confused overthinking all this. I'm out camping for a few days and would like to have hot water in the galley. I have water at my site. Which tank do I fill? White hose or gray hose?  Water filter? Water pressure attachment? Turn on Alde?  And as far as draining goes, black water tank is toilet?  Gray water tank is everything else?  Does gray water tank need a special hose for drainage or can you use the same one as for the black water? I know these are a lot of questions but I've tried reading all the posts I could find on the subject but am getting myself more boggled. I have a '15 T@B CS-S Max.  Thank you for your help. 

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    If you have water on the site then you don't need to fill any tank, just connect the water to the city water inlet on the T@B and flip on the switch for the Alde hot water heater.  A water filter is optional, I always use a pressure regulator.

The water from the sink will go into the gray water holding tank, and you can use the same hose as your black to drain it.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    TweedrvrTweedrvr Member Posts: 122
    Thank you thank you thank you. My mind is forever indebted! Makes perfect sense! 
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    If you haven't run any hot water through the lines yet, you should do that...just for a minute or so to fill the heating "tank" in the Alde.  Otherwise you'll only get Luke warm water at best as its tryin to heat on the fly...

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Great explanation PXL.

Twee, when you first turn on your tap, it's best to let the trapped air out slowly, so you don't get a blast of water spewing. It's easier on your plumbing and your filter.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    dougsarmdougsarm Member Posts: 5
    Just starting pre-purchase phase of obtaining a TAB S. Read the comments above, what pressure is recommended? I'm assuming the camp sites sometimes have hight pressure? Dougsarm
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    A "must have" is a pressure regulator that screws on to the spigot  before your hose if you are going to use a city water hook up. It will regulate the pressure to 65psi to  protect the plumbing in your T@B.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    A "must have" is a pressure regulator that screws on to the spigot  before your hose if you are going to use a city water hook up. It will regulate the pressure to 65psi to  protect the plumbing in your T@B.

I've read (not on the forum) conflicting advice as to which end to use the regulator - what do you and others think - end by the city water hook up or the end right before the t@b inlet?

Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Wouldn't make a difference as far as pressure into the T@B. Isn't the only concern that if the pressure is too high it could blow the hose?
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Ok PXL. I thought I read some feel it's best on one end or the other. I read too much -lol.  
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited August 2015
    My pressure regulator is on the end closest to the T@B. Sometimes when I turn the T@B sideways and at the back of the site, I need a 2nd longer hose to reach the connection, so the pressure regulator stays attached to my primary hose, and then I can simply add another hose to the other end. I don't think I would want the pressure regulator in the middle of two hoses.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    ronin718ronin718 Member Posts: 92
    I thought water pressure was supposed to be max 50psi for the T@Bs.

John & Lori in Northern VA
    Former owner of 2015 T@B CS Max "Uteki" aka "H@wk T@B"
    2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road "Zame"