Options

Time to Celebrate! All caught up!

ImNotThereYetImNotThereYet Member Posts: 34
edited January 2023 in Teardrop Groups & Links
So happy I finally got caught up on all our video adventures! We bought our TAB just a few months ago and have been out there using it.I also do videos for our boat, so between that and the TAB I have been working to get out of the video hole! If you like South Carolina and Georgia then you will love this adventure! I have been putting in chapter markers to help you navigate if you tire of an old’s mans ramblings, (LOL) I really do try and share what we’ve done so it can maybe help you as you are looking for ways to enhance your camping experiences. Super proud of my most epic bird shot of a hawk! It’s towards the end under the Nature Walk chapter, so EPIC!
We are planning our next trip to North Carolina towards the mountains, we have been doing so much coastal camping, we decided it was time to head inward and North! Enjoy our 5th Adventure Skidaway Island! (See how many times I say it differently)
https://youtu.be/X0y3z-tjRBE
2023 TAB 320 Boondock towing with a 2006 Highlander-www.donjohnsmusic.com

Comments

• Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    Thanks for the vid. We're leaving for Skidaway in 3 weeks. Hoping to get out of our driveway and onto the innerstate. Weather and snowpac are unpredictable in n.e. Ohio. This is a 12 hour drive according to Google, probably 14 or 15 for us. I don't drive at night normally so hoping to find somewhere to stop about 4 hours from destination. We did this trip last year with no trailer, and got stuck in a blizzard on the WV turnpike coming back home early March. 6" on 77n, visibility less than a mile, couldn't tell what lane I was driving in, 35 mph from Tamarack WV to Cambridge Oh., where I finally felt safe pulling into a rest area, still 3 hours from home. If we had the 320s, could have been in big trouble. Don't know how I ever would have gotten it backed into the driveway. Our timing is open ended, I guess we shall pay better attention to the weather, and wait out any predicted storms.
  • Options
    That is so cool! Be sure to visit Savannah while you are there, very cool town. You can spend days just looking at the incredible architecture. I hope you have good weather, we had a light rain the entire time we were there, but still enjoyed it. Glad you enjoyed the video. I try and make it the best I can since I’ve been making movies my entire life! Crazy how things have changed from 8mm film to being able to film on your phone! One other place if you like boiled seafood. However they do have deviled crab, which is what I got. (Crab cake sandwich) Not as good as my mom used to make growing up in Florida catching our own crabs, but worth the experience. That is out on Tybee Island.
    Stay safe and take your time, beautiful drive. 
  • Options
    Noticed you were in site# 53, we are going to be #57. we will be there 2/20 -25, then Huntington Beach 2/26 - 3/01. Maybe looking to extend if everything goes ok. First trip with Sulley(dog), and first time being more than 3 days in Tab320s. We were in Savanna last March, but didn't get to Tybee, hoping to do that this year. Unfortunately I'm allergic to sea food, but my wife loves it.
  • Options
    We also tow with a Highlander(2019).
  • Options
    Bummer about the seafood! I have grown up eating it, can’t imagine not being able to eat it. I will say, not Maryland quality crab, but descent deviled crab, it’s more about the experience of that place more than anything else. Also very disappointed about Tybee Island and paid parking. We’ve seen that come here and it ruins you wanting to stop. Not only are you paying for over priced food, not add into that parking and your lunch cost ends up being really high, so that is why we ended up going the the Crab Shack. Just FYI on that. I wish you guys the very best and I hope you have good weather.
  • Options
    Thanks. A side note, I noticed the brace on your hand/wrist. I've had wrist/thumb problems for years, had surgery on both hands.(not at the same time) Basically the joint connecting my thumb and wrist was removed, and somehow stabilized. This is quite painful and a 3 month recovery time, my right wrist was done the Monday after thanksgiving, and I just now getting mobile again. I should be good to go by our departure date. Forgive my complaining, it's been a long and trying winter. Looking forward to being on the road again.
  • Options
    It first started at 17 when I broke my arm in a motorcycle accident. Being a very dedicated drummer, I was determined not to let it affect my drumming abilities, so after some years later of getting it back in shape, it has taken the abuse of drumming, keyboards, guitars and lots of handyman stuff over the years! I’m a mess, my left thumb is also bothering me from the same, ortho said surgery was about all I can do to that, same with the right! I’ve decided I’ll keep icing when needed (daily) and brace when I know I’m going to do strenuous things. I’m afraid of what if surgery doesn’t go well and I can’t play music? Working on my 14th album as we speak, I don’t want to risk it. If it gets to where I can’t play anymore, than I consider surgery. Music is too important to me. I’m reading the book by Bono and he talks about the very thing, he had a bike accident and had surgery on his left hand, now he can’t play guitar! For him, he can always have his band play his songs, but for me that is not an option, I have to do it all! I will press on. That’s crazy how you have suffered the same problems! No worries on complaining, I’m sure my wife gets tired of listening to me moan and groan all the time!
  • Options
    I had my left wrist/thumb fixed 4 years ago, my therapist says I have 90% function, but it feels way better than that because no pain. Really the reason I put this one off so long is the3 month recovery. It's really frustrating how slow it goes. I will be at 11 weeks when we leave for Skidaway. The surgeon says thats close enough to close the books on it. I hope so. Only 3 weeks away and still stiff and tender. At least I was smart enough to it in the winter.
  • Options
    Best of luck with it, just take it easy and don’t overdue it! Listen to your body!
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll try and post some photos.