Options

Replacement Window Supports

I have a 2006 T@b Clamshell whose window support rods are no longer locking in position. So I'm looking for replacement units. Does anyone know where I can source some replacement units? Thx.

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    edited February 2023
    Took me a bit to remember what these are called, but, coffee to the rescue! A window support strut.
    This thread has a couple of comments and a link where they can be purchased from a supplier in Europe.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Grant_KGrant_K Member Posts: 9
    Thank you for your reply to my inquiry, it was most helpful. This has been quite an experience! We have learnt that no one, including NuCamp, stock (or handle) replacement Stays in North America. The only places we could find these stays were in United Kingdom and Australia/New Zealand and to make matters worse, no body ships to North America (customs issues they claim) and most dealers are out of stock. We did manage to convince Caratech to accommodate our order so hopefully we'll receive the replacement units in a month. Ah the joys of having a European inspired trailer!
  • Options
    brorobbrorob Member Posts: 18
    In case anyone is looking for replacement window stays in the future for their Dutchmen T@B, I ordered and installed these on both sides (2004 DM) and they have been working great.  These are a different style, tubular locking, which IMO works better than the catch style.  These are also shorter than others I've seen recommended but I chose these on purpose because if the window is opened to far on the DM, the window wants to go off the top hinge.  I cracked part of one window at the top corner when this happened.

Also, I've ordered from this company a number of times and have had a great experience with them.  I typically choose the fastest shipping method, which is a bit more, but my items have always arrived in about a week, usually less.  Here are the window stays I installed.