Options

A couple of measurement questions

kcbratkcbrat Member Posts: 12
Hi,

I am new to the forum and plan on buying a T@b CS in just a couple of months.  I am trying to do some planning ahead and seeing what options we want.  Can anyone give me the width of the shower door?  Trying to decide if we want it or not.  Right now we are leaning towards the storage cabinet instead of the shower/commode area.  Also can anyone give me the dimensions of the fridge area in the galley?  I am wondering if I could use that area to put in a pull out shelf and put a Yeti cooler there instead of getting the fridge but need the dimen
Kathy and Sorcha, Front Range, Colorado - Coming to campground near you soon : 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 Diesel -- T@B Q Max Outback or 400 - Once we decide :)

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    If you order instead of buying off the lot, you can get all kinds of customizations. For example, get a regular clamshell, and have this option for the front.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    To answer your question about a cooler. You can also do this. The tray slides out.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    The shower door width (the opening) is 16"
  • Options
    Mouseketab - thanks for the great pictures.  We plan doing a special order just trying to figure out what all those 'special items' will be. :)  Will definitely be order the galley with the cooler drawer option.  Not sure about the TV in the galley though....we are thinking we would like to have the third cabinet instead.  We want to put the extra front window in as well so can't have cabinets too high but might be able to get a few extra (similar to yours) depending on price.  

PXLated - thanks for the measurement of the shower door.  That sealed the deal no shower for us. :)
    Kathy and Sorcha, Front Range, Colorado - Coming to campground near you soon : 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 Diesel -- T@B Q Max Outback or 400 - Once we decide :)
  • Options
    FYI - this is not my clamshell, belonged to someone else at Tearstock.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    There is an owner that designed and built a front cabinet with the window. He had a slide out drawer for the portapotty, then other drawers around it and it went up to just below the window.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Thanks again for all the great help! I think we have decided to forgo the CS and order the Q model with some extra outlets (110/12V) and no fridge but a slide drawer for a cooler to sit there, if there is enough room. The stove in the Q is much better with the offset burners than the CS too.  Well at least according to the better half.   We will still do most if not all cooking outside but this will give us more options for iffy weather camping and longevity (of the camper) as we get older.  Now just have to figure out how much the special order stuff is going to cost us. LOL
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Actually, it is photos of our T@B-CS with custom cabinetry that Mouseketab posted. We travel in our T@B 7-9 months a year so maximizing storage is important. We'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have about life in a Clamshell. :)
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    skwhee - Thank you so much for your kind offer.  Your T@b is beautiful!!! I love the custom cabinets. Did Little Guy put those in?  We wouldn't have any that high since we still want the front window but still could add some extra.  My better half is not wild about an inside kitchen but really doesn't like the stove they use in the CS due to the small burners that are side by side.  When I first started this thread we were thinking about getting the CS with no stove, and no fridge.  Unfortunately the only dealer near us is very helpful...lol... but hasn't dealt with many special orders or having any idea what the 'extras' might cost.  So he asked us to make a list and he would call their Little Guy rep.  

It looks like you had extra outlets installed inside as well.  That is definitely something we want as well.  Do you always set up the popup shelter over the CS all the time?  After a spinal fusion I am in no shape to sleep on the ground anymore hence the T@b but seeing all the awnings and shade 'stuff' it seems like more outside setup then just tent camping ever was.  Plus we now live in bear country on the Colorado front range instead of the Midwest and so can't leave coolers or any kitchen gear outside the T@b or TV.  So your thoughts would most appreciated.  We are still a bit undecided between the CS with major modifications or the Q with extra outlets and MaxxFan?  

Sorry for rambling I think I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with with all the budgeting I am having to do.  We are buying a Toyota Tacoma in 2-3 months for our TV (current truck 15 yrs old and 56K miles..ha ha) and then about 2 months after that we want to order our T@b.  Depending on which T@b model we go with will dictate what other 'stuff' we will need such as popup shade for CS or not and trekker potty tent.   ;)
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    That's why we haven't sprung for add-on tents and visors etc. The whole point of the T@b is to just throw clothes and food in the Jeep, hitch up and go, get there, unhitch and be ready to camp. That's what we have, and are loving it. We may add stuff later, but haven't wanted them so far this summer.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    That's why we haven't sprung for add-on tents and visors etc. The whole point of the T@b is to just throw clothes and food in the Jeep, hitch up and go, get there, unhitch and be ready to camp. That's what we have, and are loving it. We may add stuff later, but haven't wanted them so far this summer.

Trust me, the Visor XL (for shade and rain shelter) honestly takes 5 minutes to install, another 5 minutes to stake it to two tent pegs.  It is definitely the easiest of all outside additions I have used on my former Silver Shadow teardrop which had a 12x12 canopy and a 5x7 side tent available for use.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sounds like the Visor XL would definitely be worth the money since it's so easy to set up and gives nice bit of protection.  Verna, is there enough room for two people to sit under the Visor XL?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    JustJohn and I enjoying lunch under the Visor XL in 90*+ at Tearstovk. Enough room
     for a 20" fan, small table two chairs and Sunny Day (who was enjoying the A/C at that time). (excuse the extra things outside, as Austin was installing my outside electrical outlet in my
    new T@B while we were eating.). There's even enough room for a bit of "glamping" lighting attached to the Visor XL ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    kcbrat - We really enjoy the flexibility of our T@B-CS. As we mentioned, we are in ours traveling more than we are at home and it offers so many options. So as to whether we set up the awnings and canopy, it just depends. If we are staying just one night, we rarely do more than get out our chairs and maybe a small table. If we are staying a week or more we set up the awning or the screen room and the 10x10 canopy with side walls. The awning goes up in five minutes or so. Can be done by one person, definitely a cinch with two. The screen room takes a little longer. We usually set it up only in colder weather. 

To answer the question regarding the custom cabinetry, ours was factory built and installed. We came up with the concept and Pleasant Valley did the final design. In talking with various owners at Tearstock and beyond, there seems to be a wide range of willingness among dealers as to whether they will or will not work with you and the factory on custom work. The issue is with the individual dealers. The factory is more than willing to custom build their trailers. There were two dealers at Tearstock who are T@B or LG users themselves and were staying in their own custom built trailers! Either of them would be more than pleased to work with a customer wanting custom work.  That said, know that it will take longer to get your unit. Delivery time last we knew was from the time the final order was placed would be about twelve weeks. Then you have to factor in delivery time which could add another month or two in the western US.

Another user had the factory install custom cabinetry in their CS-S and took delivery just before Tearstock. Their design was a bit different from ours. Someone else we know is contemplating design for a bank of drawers in her CS-S that will preserve the view through the window. So much for you to think about! Enjoy the process!

Happy Trails!
    Steve & Karen
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400