New 2023 TAB 400 and ready to go!

Richard_RRichard_R Member Posts: 38
My wife and I have been tent camping for decades, both introduced to it by our parents when we were little kids. We’d been talking about a trailer for years — even rented a tiny clamshell a few years ago — but a camping trip in Grand Teton NP last summer finally convinced us to pull the plug. It was a great trip, but a little bit rainy, and all the hauling of food and other stuff between the car, the bear box, our large tent-shelter, and our tent convinced us to seriously consider a different option. After researching around a bit, we decided on the TAB 400. Our first trip is this weekend — a state park only about 20 miles away — and we’re super excited! We’ve got many trips lined up including one to go back to GTNP in August. We’ve been there at least a half dozen times, one of our favorite places on the planet, and this year should prove to be especially memorable if not luxurious…

I’ve been scouring the forums for the last couple months and finally joined up. I’ve learned a ton — thank you all for that. I’m super impressed about how helpful and, especially, how civil everyone is.

Happy trails!
— Richard R.
Front Range of Colorado
2023 TAB 400 Boondock
2022 GMC Canyon
2023 F150 Hybrid (PowerBoost drivetrain)

Comments

• HedCountHedCount Member Posts: 15
    Richard, we just got our 23 TAB 400 about a month ago.  We've only driveway camped so far as it's been too cold to really do much.  I've been spending the time making mods to the trailer and trying to learn as much as I can from this forum (which is a TON!)

2023 TAB 400, towed by 2001 Ford f-150 Supercrew XLT 5.6 liter v8
  • berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 958
    Congrats on the new purchase!  You made a great choice and you're going to love it.  Yellowstone and Tetons is also one of our favorite places to go.  You're also fortunate to live in Colorado where there are so many great places to camp and enjoy your 400.  We've got a 2021 that we've had for 3 years this month and absolutely love it.  Unfortunately we have to wait another month or two before the snow melts enough for us to get the trailer out.  But fortunately we live in one of the prettiest places in the state and can camp just a few minutes away. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • AnubisAmunAnubisAmun Member Posts: 5
    Congrats! We got our 2023 just about 2 months ago. We have already had a couple of great adventures in Nevada, Arizona and Southern Utah. We have been in snow, rain and sun and it has been great in all of it. We are really happy with ours already and can't wait for the summer full of trips we have planned.
    2023 T@B400 BD
    2021 Nissan Frontier PRO4X
    Salt Lake City, Utah
  • DINDAnLANDINDAnLAN Member Posts: 75
    Congrats on your new camper! We first had a 2017 TAB 320. In Oct 2019 we bought a 2020 TAB 400. Now have over 15,000 miles on the 400 and can’t wait to get out there some more. Happy Trails!
    Linda & Dan
    Cleveland, Ohio
    2018 Ford F150 XLT pulling a 2020 T@B 400
    LIFE IS GOOD!