Options

Unplanned 2022 TAB400 Service at NuCamp

DM159DM159 Member Posts: 43
Long story short - Alde glycol reservoir was low (??).  Added new, correct glycol to "max" level and fired it up (have been using Alde while parked in home driveway on shore power this winter).  Noticed something dripping from left rear wheel well/side wall - large glycol puddle!  Inspected Alde/Nautilus compartment - no trace of glycol.  Called NuCamp and made a service appointment.  Waited 6 weeks for our date to come around.  They scheduled for 2 days, we picked up "Rocinante" at 9AM on the second day.  We now have a NEW Alde unit.  We are just outside of the 1 Year NuCamp warranty but Alde has a 2 year warranty.  We will start the process with Alde when we get home.  (NuCamp service said the interior tank had a flaw in the welding allowing the leak).

While at the factory we took the assembly line tour.  Amazing operation, dedicated staff, work flow is an engineering master class and a beautiful facility.  Plus, the Amish community/countryside was a pleasure to visit.  NuCamp Service Department changed out the leaking Alde quickly, the Service Writer Jeremy was a great guy to speak with and very helpful.  Our trip started out with questions and now our TAB400 is back to 100%.  Thank you NuCamp.  #nucamp     
2023 TAB 400 with modifications in process.

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,655
    What is the build date of the trailer?  What exactly was wrong with the Alde? 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Build date - December 2021.
    Leak in Alde interior vessel weld.

• Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    Going back to the factory at the end of the month for some maintenance 

Hoping to see the Barefoot line this time, saw a prototype years ago
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    I just got inside a barefoot Friday at the Denver RV show.  It was very cute and I like the looks of it.  But totally not practical for us.  Though my wife may argue that.  At 6'2" I can stand just inside the door and my head brushes the ceiling.  Everywhere else I have to duck.  Also it's got really low ground clearance, definitely a paved road trailer.  But like I said it was a very cool little trailer with some great aesthetics and storage.  It was fun to check out.  If we ever got a smaller trailer I'd go for the 320 over the barefoot.

On a side note I spoke with a NuCamp Rep there.  He said right now they are working on a larger slide in camper, for 8' beds, but after that he's hoping for a larger trailer.  Maybe in the next 3 years.  Something more in the 22-24' range.  They realized the Avia was just too big.  I told him to make it 22' with a dry bath! 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    New development from our unplanned service trip to NuCamp.  First of all, to anyone who has recently purchased or are planning on buying from a NuCamp dealer - make absolutely sure you have the TRUMA/ALDE warranty registration card with your documentation.  Fill it out and send it in.  Our dealer never said anything about the warranties that were active on our (build date 12/21) TAB400 systems and components.  No warranty cards, no nothing.  Now that I think about it, our dealer was rather uninformed about how the systems worked. 
    We just found out that Truma/Alde will not recognize our ownership of the Alde system and components for Warranty replacement!!!  We had to bite the bullet.  Big Ouch!!!  Also, you need to fill out registration documentation for the rest of the systems (refrigerator, A/C, stove, ceiling fan and any other components) that have a warranty which NuCamp does not cover.  
    NuCamp informed us that the failure of the Alde was that water had gotten mixed into the glycol system within the unit.  They suggested a winterizing process error was to blame.  Funny thing - we didn't "winterize" and have been using Alde while parked in our driveway.  We had used up any water onboard and drained all the lines before we parked for the winter.  I wish I would have asked to see the Alde unit and the failure mode/location.  Hind sight is always 20/20.
    The new Alde is working just fine on 30A shore power and no onboard water (as before) parked in our drive.  We are glad to have "Rosinante" ready for more exploring and travels.

• Options
    @DM159 I like the name of your trailer.  I'm actually reading that book right now.  
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    The Expanse Series is AWESOME!!

• Options
    I'm actually reading John Steinbeck's book, Travels with Charley.  It's the name of his RV in that book.  But imagine the name from the Expanse series also comes from Don Quixote's horse just like the RV's name?
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    I am aware of Steinbecks' truck name but Don Quixote's horse is our inspiration.  Thanks for noticing.