Options

Decent Price on Alde Glycol

Apologies if this has been discussed but I don’t seem to remember a dedicated thread on this topic. 

I need to do the drain and refill of the new Rhomar glycol (green stuff). The only two places in my state that carry it want $70+ and $120+ per gallon!!

Has anybody sourced a place with reasonable pricing on this stuff? Can they drop ship?
2021 400 BD
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 

Comments

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,291
    Have you tried ordering from nuCamp through your dealer? They should be able to have it drop shipped to you.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    RMoRMo Member Posts: 147
    $72 is the best I’ve found, from a local dealer.
    2019 T@B 400
    2017 Highlander Limited
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    @RMo Our dealer, Miller in PA, charged about $30 per gallon, plus shipping from the factory to our house late last year. Not sure what their policy is or if prices have changed, but it may be worth giving them a call. We live in NJ and didn’t purchase our T@B from them. We have used them for service. Very helpful dealership.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,199
    @AnOldUR I was under the impression that Nucamp was referring everybody to their dealers to order it but I’ll reach out to them. $30/gallon is very reasonable and what I paid for a gallon (I use it to top off) in 2021. I’ll also give Miller a call. It sounds like everybody loves them.

I feel like dealers are just purposely marking it up to push people to just have the entire service done by them. Prices are ridiculous. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Just got a response from Millers. $56.25/gallon not counting shipping. Crazy. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

Someone recently posted of buying Alde parts directly from Truma.  Worth a phone call.

Truma Corp
    2800 Harman Dr
    Elkhart, IN 46514, USA
    Tel: +1 (877) 860 9814

E-mail: service@alde.us

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Thanks @Tabaz I’ll get ahold of them.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Sorry for the bad information @manyman297. It was just back at the beginning of November that I paid almost half that amount (plus $42 for shipping). It is crazy that the price has gone up that much!
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,010
    edited April 2023
    It is crazy! I paid around $28 a gallon at our local dealer just a year ago. At that time they told me NuCamp was raising the price and it would go up to near $50/gal soon.  Next time I stop in there I'll have to ask the current price.  

Edit, to be more specific, I paid $26.99 one year ago for Rhomar.  It appears to be quite a bit more expensive now for unknown reasons.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,678
    Need to be very specific when talking about the Alde Glycol.
    The Century glycol price has stayed pretty close to the same the last few years.  Exception: the Amazon seller who decided to double the price about the time the pandemic hit.  Still 50 bucks over there.
    Camping World still has the Century glycol at around 27 dollars.
    Disclaimer:  you must know exactly what your trailer build date is, what type of glycol you have in your trailer if the glycol "exchange" was done, etc.  Judging by some of the comments on the Amazon seller's page, there is tons of misinformation and confusion about it.

The Rhogard has simply been unobtainium, except through Alde or a dealer, of course. 

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    @pthomas745 Yeah, I referenced the Rhomar glycol above in the original post. 

Millers quoted me $180 + $45 shipping for a 5-gallon container. I may just go that route as it’s still quite a bit cheaper than my local options. 

I feel like there’s a bit of a monopoly going on with this stuff. Somebody’s making a killing somewhere. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    Need to be very specific when talking about the Alde Glycol.
    The Century glycol price has stayed pretty close to the same the last few years.  Exception: the Amazon seller who decided to double the price about the time the pandemic hit.  Still 50 bucks over there.
    Camping World still has the Century glycol at around 27 dollars.
    Disclaimer:  you must know exactly what your trailer build date is, what type of glycol you have in your trailer if the glycol "exchange" was done, etc.  Judging by some of the comments on the Amazon seller's page, there is tons of misinformation and confusion about it.

The Rhogard has simply been unobtainium, except through Alde or a dealer, of course. 

Thanks to @pthomas745! I was looking to do my second 2 yr flush on my 2019, and was discouraged with the prices on the glycol (Rhomar or Century). My flush and refill last time worked well, and so far my Alde works great. I can only see a few connectors, but don't see any bulges. I did add the grounding per the Airstream bulletin.

So, with so much still unknown, I decide to replace my Century with Century this time and keep an eye on things. 

But this forum has already saved me lots of money and headaches! I had a gallon of Century left over from 2 years ago, so got 3 more gallons and did not feel totally ripped off.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    It’s shame they are charging these prices. I don’t know anything about glycol formulations but I would have to guess that the Rhomar isn’t that much better than the Century glycol. Especially if we still have to change it out every two years.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    sequimitesequimite Member Posts: 55
    Just bought 5 gal bucket of Rhogard RTU-50 for $101 + tax at Keller Supply here in Sequim, WA. They have locations in the western states and had to transfer my bucket (at no cost to me) from Boise, ID. It can be found.
    2016 T@B 320 M@X S "Annie", 3rd Owner
    2015 Little Guy 5-Wide Platform
    2015 MB GLK 250 (diesel) Tow Vehicle, "Benzie"
    Sequim, WA USA
  • Options
    @sequimite Thanks for the tip! Looks like we have a location here in Salt Lake City. Calling them tomorrow.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    @sequimite Sounds like your location doesn't carry it but can order it in...BUT you have to physically pick it up. They can't ship it. I called Keller's local location near me and they don't sell it at all. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 617
    @sequimite, What a great find!  Thanks!
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    Update: I called the Sequim, WA location and Chuck there was very helpful. Unfortunately my location here in Salt Lake City only deals with contractors and won't sell to the public. So I'm S.O.L. going that route. I could drive to Boise but the cost in gas and time make it pointless. Looks like Miller's is the way I'll have to go paying about $225 total vs. $101.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    sequimitesequimite Member Posts: 55
    @manyman297, that's too bad the SLC location only deals with contractors. Seems odd that they would have location specific policies such as that. Do you know any tradesman that could buy it for you?

For other, here is the part number from my invoice. The part number seems to be RTU-50-5.

2016 T@B 320 M@X S "Annie", 3rd Owner
    2015 Little Guy 5-Wide Platform
    2015 MB GLK 250 (diesel) Tow Vehicle, "Benzie"
    Sequim, WA USA
  • Options
    @sequimite Yeah, he said each location kind of has their own policies. I unfortunately don't know any tradesmen well enough that they'd take the time to go down there. This stuff is so hard to come by. The next best price was Millers at $225 shipped for 5 gallons so I'm probably going that route.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    After waxing and waning I ended up just pulling the trigger with Miller Trailer Sales. Easy to work with. Total came to $242 after shipping and tax...hurts but it was the second cheapest option compared to Keller who wouldn't sell/ship to me.

It's legit Alde-branded stuff and came direct from Nucamp. Now I need to muster up the motivation to actually do my flush/fill.

2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    justdoit70justdoit70 Member Posts: 42
    For what is worth We just had our 21 400 solo boondock Aldi serviced by MILLER,S was $350. Complete  Brought a gallon pf fluid for $45.00 Hour and half easy drive from home.
    Great place to get stuff done. 6 Day appointment wait !
    Ed &Cathy
     21 400 solo boondock
    16 Taco Trd Sport 4x4 V6
  • Options
    JilongJilong Member Posts: 85
    I just had 2 gallons of Alde glycol drop shipped to Florida from nuCamp through Miller Trailer Sales, and it cost $177 total.
    2018 Tab 400 × 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
  • Options
    Amazon?

Stockton, New Jersey