Options

Alde heater turns itself off

Hey all.  I live in the mountains in New Mexico and I'm pretty much always above 5000 feet, so I leave the heater in high altitude mode all of the time. I have noticed that when temperatures drop and I am camping at 9000 to 10,500 ft, the heater will often turn itself off. There does not appear to be a predictable timing for this occurrence, sometimes it will go off all night without turning off, sometimes it will turn off three times a night and I have to get up, powered off, and then turn it back on for it to work again. I have had the gas lines flushed and adjusted by the dealer, and it still has the same problem. Any advice? This is a 2019 tab 400 Boondock. 

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,698
    edited April 2023
    'Turns off" means: the Alde turns off completely?  The power button on the control panel does not show the tiny green LED?  No error messages, such as "Gas Failure?"
    Or: the heat stops?  The Alde is still "on" (the LED is lit) but no heat?

Have you checked to see if a timer is set in the Settings? See page 20 of the manual, "Night and Day Automation".
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,026
    Yes as @pthomas745 asked.  What exactly do you mean by it turns off?  Is it the control panel, does the gas burner not work, does the pump not work or do both of them stop?  Also does it behave the same whether on gas or on shore power electric?  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado