Options

Can’t see Dometic thermostat screen

Is there a replacement for the completely illegible Dometic thermostat? It’s impossible to read under any conditions. The text is so small. 

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    @crowsnest;  Which make and model Fridge does your 400 have installed.
    Believe you own a 2018 400 which had two different Fridge options.

Most Fridge model Parts Lists are available on-line with many replacement parts available from different web-sites.  For example here is a typical Norcold Thermostat;
                NR740/NR751
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 590
    I think they are asking about the Dometic A/C screen...

@crowsnest mine isn't small print...it's not very bright so sometimes seeing it is difficult for me. Maybe check with Dometic?

Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    crowsnestcrowsnest Member Posts: 50
    dsfdogs said:
    I think they are asking about the Dometic A/C screen...

@crowsnest mine isn't small print...it's not very bright so sometimes seeing it is difficult for me. Maybe check with Dometic?

Yes, I’m referring to the A/C. There are other brands that might work. I’ll check with Dometic. Thanks 
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    I found that shining a flashlight on the AC screen (day or night) allows me to read it. The problem is that I'm short--my taller husband can read it without a problem.  I keep a little flashlight on a hook under the screen just for that purpose. The other fix for me is using a small folding step stool. The screen is at an odd angle for short people and it looks blank.
  • Options
    bimmerbimmer Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2023
    I really dislike the Dometic thermostat. I have the same problem and can't see the LCD output. I would like to replace mine too. I'm not sure, but wouldn't any thermostat with a/c and heat pump option work? Having to use a flashlight does work but isn't ideal, now is it!
    2018 Tab 400 / 2015 ford F-150 2.7 EB
  • Options
    GrayGhostGrayGhost Member Posts: 23
    I replaced the original thermostate with a Bluetooth version and use my Ipad to control the CoolCat

Dometic CT Single Zone Thermostat

The wiring is the same as the original.  I believe it was four wires and two screws and then pair the Ipad and thermostat.  It works great.

• Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    @GrayGhost do you have the sku or model number. I recall seeing the bluetooth version but with another part that goes near the Coolcat. I want only the bluetooth wall item.
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • Options
    GrayGhostGrayGhost Member Posts: 23
    The part is from Dometic.  The part number is D7E 3316255000  BT CT T-STAT - COOL/FURNAC.  I bought it at my local RV repair center, Richard's RV repair  in Greer SC.  I paid $112.39.  The Dometic was an easy direct replacement. Just remember which wire goes in which slot.

I recently saw this one  Micro_Air EasyTouch RV Thermostat model number. RV 351.  Part Number: ASY-351-X02.  They have a black and white version.  I l have not heard anything about this one, but it sounds good.