Options

Holding the bench seats up (2021 T@B 320S)

SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
edited April 2023 in Modifications & Upgrades
Someone asked how I was holding the bench seats up when working under them.
I used 3/8" dowels cut to 35.5" each. and a couple small 4"-5" sections of 1" electrical conduit fastened to the side of both compartments. Drilled small holes for two screws drilled all the way through in each and then drilled larger holes on one side to fit the screwdriver through to fasten the screws. I then drilled a 1/2" hole about a quarter inch deep using a Forstner bit into the back of the leg where the dowel will sit when open so it doesn't move. Be careful - don't drill all the way through! Dowels just lay inside the bench when not used.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
The Finger Lakes of New York

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Well Done + a professional looking battery installation {I'm assuming that is not the yr-21 factory battery bank}

However . . . since the air8 takes all your rear passenger seat storage away and now you have eliminated my primary canned/bottled goods storage location.
    Do you have any food storage locations left  - - - - -
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    Well Done + a professional looking battery installation {I'm assuming that is not the yr-21 factory battery bank}

However . . . since the air8 takes all your rear passenger seat storage away and now you have eliminated my primary canned/bottled goods storage location.
    Do you have any food storage locations left  - - - - -
    We use the microwave, under the sink and the tow vehicle, the fridge, and a cooler (when not extreme boondocking) for food. We gave a pretty good size food bin we keep in the back of the SUV. Not as good as the motorhome we had but better than when we tent camped.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York