Options

Hi

CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
Steve here from Annapolis, MD. Our 2014 T@B S should arrive in a couple weeks. My wife, 2 (not so little anymore) girls, and our dog Sherman can't wait to get on the road. I'm an avid geocacher as well.
Steve
Maryland
2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
2005 Honda Pilot

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Hi Corfu, and welcome aboard.

It could be a long couple of weeks ;-) Do you have plans of where you want to go to first?

We don't geocache, we letterbox, so we are very familiar with letterboxing. I have been doing it for ten years now (as of today, my first find was Feb 28, 2004), Becky a few years more then that. We even have a letterbox hidden on the T@Bpole. There is a guy with a Silver Shadow that is a geocacher, his trailer is called The Cache Can and it is a huge travel bug.

Looking forward to hearing of your adventures.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Welcome to the forum Steve and congrats on your new trailer!

Would be interesting to hear your stories about geocacheing as I had a buddy some years back who did this and am wondering what the best means of getting into it would be?

Have fun!

Mike
  • Options
    CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
    Cyclonic, I ordered and received a huge TravelBug Decal for the trailer. Her name is T@BOO :) First long outing will be in May. I'm going to the big annual geocaching gathering called GeoWoodstock which is in St. Charles, MO this year. I'll also be headed to West Virginia as soon as I possibly can! Part of our decision to get a T@B is that I often take weekend or 3 day geocaching trips without the rest of the family (they are not big hikers), and this will let me go without any real planning. I like to wander the countryside till I get tired. No more bleary-eyed late night drives to the nearest Super-8 motel for me!

Dealer told me Friday when I asked that it'll be here "before the end of the month". So excited! Spent all day saturday sandblasting and painting the rusty trailer hitch, and wiring in a brake controller. Tick tock tick tock!

Mike, head on over to www.geocaching.com and check out the into video.
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Welcome, Corfu,
    You are going to love the T@B. It is so easy, convenient, beautifully made. We did a quick overnighter Sunday night. Nice to hook up and leave on short notice when the weather is nice. When you get home, it takes just minutes to un-hook (is that a good term), and get T@B is it's place. Love the name T@BOO.
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer