Options

Shake out cruise 2023

pakpak Member Posts: 114
We just returned from our 2023 shakout

Comments

• Options
    pakpak Member Posts: 114
    We just return from our 2023 shakeout cruise. We were out for a week. We live in Northern Stevens County, WA. very close to the Canada border. We drove over Sherman Pass(5500ft), down the Okanogan valley to Yakima. Camped overnight then proceeded South to I84 heading West. Encountered very strong West winds anong the Columbia River. This is very common. We ended up in Ft Stevens Oregon State Park. Beautiful park with ocean beaches and huge trees. This is very close to Astoria. The campsite are nice and I highly recommend this park. I suspect later in the year it gets full. The wx was cool, damp and breezy. We were there 3 nights and then went to Olympia and attended a ceremony. Our homeward route was Wa route 12. This is a good road nice pavement that takes you through some small towns and over White Pass through the Cascades to Yakima. I would use this route again to avoid Snoqualmie Pass. From Yakima we intersected I90 East and stayed in Pothole Wa State park. This is a very nice park. Again not crowded, clean and quiet. I suspect during the summer this place rocks as it is next to a big lake. Today was the run home. Tab and all the systems worked great and was a very good relearning trip. 2017cs-s.
  • Options
    JamesCJamesC Member Posts: 62
    Sounds like fun. 
    2018 T@B 400, 2015 F150 tow vehicle.