Fixing blinds
immanence
Member Posts: 102
I see a lot of threads about fixing blinds but there doesn't seem to be a definitive guide for it. I see some people saying you have to remove the whole mechanism, which surprises me, but is that my next step?
The white threads are hanging loose. I feel like I have barely moved these up and down so I don't know why they have fallen apart.
The white threads are hanging loose. I feel like I have barely moved these up and down so I don't know why they have fallen apart.
0
Comments
-
There is a OneDrive video that shows how to rethread them.
2017 Outback
Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi0 -
When I redid ours, I removed the whole mechanism. I don't see how it could be done otherwise. I took a couple photos prior to removing the string. I used monofilament fishing line for string and the reassembled shade works great. I have some concern about the sun baking the string and making it brittle over time. To deal with that I pull the shades down only as needed.2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH0
-
@pthomas745 awesome, thank you so much, downloading now
@Slackers how long did it take you to take it apart and rethread? did you go with fishing line because you thought it would be stronger? (apart from the sun bit) Or just what you had on hand?
I suppose if it does get brittle you just take it apart and redo again?0 -
It took about an hour not counting the time to do it over a couple times. Threading the line was actually easy. I used monofilament because I had some 12# test on hand. That broke on first try. After that I picked up some 30# test at Walmart. The latter was easier to feed thru the screen because it was easier for old eyes to see and didn't curl up as much.2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH0
-
Awesome, thank you!0
Categories
- All Categories
- 11 Cirrus Truck Campers
- 127 Dutchman and Vintage TaB Archives
- 3 Forum Rules
- 3 nüCamp & Forum Contacts
- 967 Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- 2.7K Battery/Electrical & Solar
- 1.2K Camping & Travel
- 145 Events & News
- 220 Factory Comments
- 23 "FOR SALE" - New/Used Trailers
- 12 “FOR SALE" - Camping & Trailer Gear
- 2.4K Heating/Plumbing & Winterizing
- 142 Help - Computer & System
- 924 Introductions
- 408 Looking to purchase a trailer?
- 2.1K Modifications & Upgrades
- 1.4K Products and Accessories
- 420 Service/Maintenance & Recall Notices
- 37 Solo Travelers Hints & Tips
- 1 T@G Forum
- 77 Teardrop Groups & Links
- 78 Testimonials
- 922 Tips & Tricks
- 1.5K Trailer & Towing
- 27 Owners Manuals/PDF Files/Videos & Resources
- 56 üCamp Rally - News & Information

