Options

Propane tank gauge

SidhalemmSidhalemm Member Posts: 13
Can anyone recommend a propane tank gauge?  I want to install one so I know how much fuel I have before I head out on a trip. Thanks

Bill
2015 T@B  Yellow Q-Plan

Comments

• Options
    tomannitomanni Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2015
    I'm interested in the answer to this question as well. I see there are gauges that measure by the weight of the tank and others that fit an adapter between the tank and the supply line. I'm not sure which type will work best and/or which one will fit best, given the storage container of the propane tank. Thanks for asking the question!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    There was just another discussion about this in the past couple of weeks. Do a search on gauge and you'll probably find it.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    GlennBeckGlennBeck Member Posts: 71
    I just attached this gauge which easily tells me the propane level without having to pull the tank and weigh/shake/guess the tank level after each trip.  Found it on trailer.com.  
    CAM59023Camco Propane Cylinder Gas Gauge and Leak Detector
    1$27.95
    Glenn & Annie
    2016 T@B CS-S Max Black on Silver
    2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Have one of those myself - seems to be not quite as accurate when on the low side. It's temp sensitive so a temp change can all of a sudden drop it and you're out before you thought you'd be.
  • Options
    GlennBeckGlennBeck Member Posts: 71
    The gauge has HOT and COLD ranges but true temp correlation would be helpful.  We have gauges on our fire bottles in the planes that have temp ranges clearly marked, but the problem would be variation of pressure which would render true tank levels impossible. 

When the the gauge is halfway I swap it out and put the used tank on my grill or flame pit.  No fun running out, but we do bring a small propane stove and a mini grill and charcoal for those times.
    Glenn & Annie
    2016 T@B CS-S Max Black on Silver
    2013 Toyota Tacoma V6