Options

Fresh water overflow on hills?

New owner, did our first dry camping trip.  Everything worked fine, but when we were leaving I was stopped on a hill (going up).  Noticed that the fresh water overflow (I believe, blue tube in the back slightly on passenger side) was spilling a considerable amount of water.  Is that typical?  I'm assuming that means the vent valve is in the back of the tank and doesn't have much vertical height from the tank to prevent it.  Kind of disappointing that I'm going to lose a fair percentage of water if I go up hills. :)

2023 Tab 320 S.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AsmcivorAsmcivor Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2023
    I saw that same recently when backing down a fairly steep hill to an otherwise flat spot.  In this case my tank was fuller than usual (between 2/3 and full).  I usually travel with 2/3 and haven't noticed any leaks on normal highway hills.  But I am also curious on how the overflow works on the fresh water tank.  I have seen a number of posts referring to an overflow tube so in my case the angle was enough that caused the overflow.  This isn't a great picture but you can tell it is pretty steep from the road down to the campsite.
    2022 Tab 320cs-s
    2020 Honda Ridgeline