Options

Problems with excess condensation from A/c?

I have a 2018 TAB 400 and get a puddle of water under the dining table that appears to be condensation from the A/C ducts.  Does anyone else have this issue or had it and found a solution?  I wrapped the ducts in silver bubble insulation and that hasn't resolved it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    We have the 2019 400 with Coolcat under the dinette bench and the ductwork is already insulated so not thinking that would be the cause. However the unit has a pan which collects condensate from the coil and is designed to drain via small openings in the pan to the outside when all is level. I would pull up the dinette bench (2 screws) and check your filter and see if the water is coming from the pan area. Water not draining from the pan might cause some corrosion and thus leak to the floor 

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    dnordahl1dnordahl1 Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2023
    @goforth Also you might make sure your trailer is level or try to tip a degree or two towards the driver's side to help water drain out of the pans.
    At one very rainy campsite last month, my AC started putting too much moisture in the cabin instead of taking it out, and it smelled musty when it came on. I noticed excess water collecting in my drain pans and didn't see anything obstructing the drain holes.  My trailer was close to level but maybe just slightly tilted towards the passenger side. After tilting my trailer 1 degree towards the side with the AC vent I was able to get the pans to drain a lot better and it started drying the air better.

2019 Nucamp Tab 400, 2007 Toyota Tundra 4.7L, 4wd SR5