Options

Norcold N180.3 Replacement

Finally cried uncle and decided to replace the Norcold refrigerator in my T@b 320.  A number of others have done so with the Isotherm C65 which fits and reports seem to say it works very well.   I have done a lot of investigation to find if there were any alternatives even if I used a larger unit and used the storage space below the existing unit, but it seems the Isotherm C65 is as big as can be used.  My only issue with the Isotherm is it's made in China which I am trying to avoid if at all possible.  

I have identified the Narcold  NR740BB (1.7 cu ft) and the Nova Kool R1900  (1.9 cu ft) which should fit without any issues and both or made in Canada I believe.  The only other is the Vitrifrigo C62IXD4-F (2. cu ft) which is made in Italy and is very similar to the Isotherm in size and shape.  I have reached out to Vitrifrigo to get more detail dimensioning since the published dimensions don't provide enough detail to make sure it will fit. The bigger the unit the less free air space around the unit for proper condenser cooling which is a concern. I haven't seen where anyone has used any of these non-China units in a T@b 320 only the Isotherm unit.

I am leaning towards the Vitrifrigo pending confirmation on the dimensions.  Any suggestions are appreciated.
2019 T@B 320S

Comments

• Options
    BrianRBrianR Member Posts: 14
    I just replaced mine with a CRX50 by Dometic. It's a used unit that I picked up at a decent price. Its interior volume is the same as the Norcold 180 and it is very efficient. Last weekend was the first trip and we are very pleased with it. I have a 120 a/h lead acid battery. Over 14 hours we went from 12.6 to 12.4. Solar panel topped it up in a few hours. 

I think whatever brand you decide on you will be happy. If the 50l works for us we will keep it but always able to upgrade to larger if need be. 
  • Options
    grassgdgrassgd Member Posts: 127
    I purchased the Vitrifrigo C62IXD4-F which is 2.2 cu ft and in the process of installing it.  About 95 percent finished with the installation as of today.

Although the compressor is made in China, the unit is made in Italy.  I try very hard to avoid made in China if I can find a suitable alternative.

The quality of the Vitrifrigo is really nice. I ran it in my garage in 100+ degree weather and it performed very good. 

My installation is unique in that it can use the existing side vents to cool the unit with the option of switching the cooling to the inside of the Tab 320s in cold weather to help heat the interior or if needed in hot weather when running the AC unit but based on the garage test mentioned above that may not be necessary.

When I finish the installation, I'll post some pictures in a new thread.

2019 T@B 320S