Options

Still tasting antifreeze after de-winterizing, sanitizing and flushing system

Hi! I'd appreciate if anyone else could comment on if they're experiencing the same issue. It seems no matter how much I flush the system, I can still smell and taste small amounts of antifreeze in our water system. 
This is our 2nd season with our T@B 320 S Boondock and I had the same issue last year when I de-winterized our camper after taking possession from the dealer. 
At some point last year, the issue disappeared. I don't know if it gradually just went away or if there was something I did at the Nautilus panel to fix it. If I recall, last year the issue persisted until I pumped fresh water in through the Winterize/Sanitze inlet. I did that again this spring while de-winterizing but can still smell/taste the antifreeze. I'm wondering if there is a pocket of antifreeze stuck somewhere in the lines behind the Nautilus panel...
Has anyone experienced this and can comment on what the fix is?  

2022 T@B 320 S BD

Comments

• Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 269
    I would put the Nautilus in Winterize mode again and siphon in lots of clean water until the appearance and taste of the antifreeze disappears. Run all the outlets - sinks, indoor shower, outdoor shower, toilet. I use an oversized funnel to make the siphoning easier. You are using the trailer pump to push the water through the lines, so it is cleared of antifreeze as well.

After I do this, I hook the trailer up to a potable water supply and run more water through the lines using the Nautilus City Water mode. Don’t know how much good this does, but I can run a bunch more water through the system this way and I figure that can’t hurt.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,007
    If winterized properly the smell/taste should be flushed out very easily when dewinterized. 

Are you smelling and tasting it just on city water?  Just on dry camping, out of the fresh water tank?  Or both?  Answers to those questions could determine if antifreeze is in your fresh tank or not, or if it's in your lines and or Alde or not.  If you accidentally put antifreeze in the Alde tank you'll need to flush water through the Alde to clean that out.  Very simple to do.  Also if it is in the fresh tank it may take a while to get all the antifreeze out since just draining the tank typically does not completely empty it.  The smell and taste may last a long time if not flushed and re-flushed multiple times.  

2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    bkjacksonbkjackson Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I’ve solved the issue. 
    I needed to run some fresh water through the Nautilus in winterize mode to flush out the left over antifreeze before moving on to the sanitizing the system. 
    2022 T@B 320 S BD