Options

water hot, alde off.. external start setting

AubreyAubrey Member Posts: 144
Just finished fixing the window that fell out, pulled camper out of garage and found the water is still plenty hot after couple weeks with everything turned off. Alde set to thermostat not continuous, and powered off. Anyone experience this?
I am about to go lift the bed and see if the unit is running, but it should be off. 

Comments

• Options
    I ran the hot water thru the outdoor faucet till it went cold (lasted a couple continuous minutes). I reckon I will check it again in an hour to see if its still heating, but the alde is warm underneath.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    What year and model of trailer?  If the Alde is still warm, it isn't off, or wasn't.  Check the settings in the Alde for the "Automation" settings in the "Tools" section of the manual and turn them off.
    I really don't know if turning the Alde "off" with the power switch completely disables the Automation settings, however.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    2018 T@B 400, Alde 3010, the only setting I can figure would apply is the Cont vs Therm setting (set to therm so cabin heat only when turned on).

I just noticed the External Start feature was turned on. I gather that this will allow the Alde to run at the settings last used ANYTIME 120v power is supplied, so with it off I should see no heating when the control panel is turned off.

Does this mean that the Ext Start feature would not function on DC power? (possibly running the battery down without explanation?)

I will check again later to verify not hot water.
  • Options
    That is interesting about the "external start", but there are a lot of functions in the Menus that are not installed or don't apply to our Aldes.  But...if it works! This would be something good to know, since I don't think it has ever been mentioned here.
    If these solutions do not work for you, there is always the "Reset" button there in the Service Menu.
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    From what I experienced, the "Ext Start" feature does indeed start heating the boiler. when plugged into shore power. Good to know, its a waste of energy if you don't realize it is on while parked.
    Gonna update subject
  • Options
    Thanks, @Aubrey .  Always some thing new to learn about the Alde.
    2017 Outback